Aniak Junior/Senior High School Reviews

I have attended several different schools; they were all alright .. but this school is different than all of them. The fact that we are taking online classes more than actual hand-written work, I can't stand that we aren't learning much. I notice that bullying happens a few times a week, lunch is never that great, there's no nurse when we need one, hardly any supervision, substitutes often fill in for the teachers, physical education is always needing ideas, there's no art or musical classes, the internet have too much restrictions, little less then half the assignments are not the same grade level .. I never thought a school wouldn't take us seriously .. I'll tell you, this really surprised me.
there is a no tolerance for bullying and dugs and alcohol. There is no school nurse but there is the Dragon Slayers and they are high school students who volunteer at the aniak volunteer fire department and they are all trained and certified.
with the school being so small and the district having to budget for many schools the budget for the school lunches isnt much so there isnt many options. there is no school lunch fee.
Start Your Review of Aniak Junior/Senior High School
many of these topics arent the best.
the school spirit is awesome, other than that the gym is run down the equipment and lockers rooms are very old and run down.
many teachers leave through out the consecutive school years so we were always having new teachers in all subjects. The school is run by standards system and not a grade system so it was different than most schools
since it is such a small town and small school there wasnt much funding for different clubs and organizations. When there were funding for different things not many students joined
i was not prepared for college. not only the classes but knowing how to pay for it.
They try hard but do not receive a lot of support.
The School Board has extensive and well thought out policies.
The school lacks support from parents and community. The level of education is low and classroom management is almost non existent.
There are very few things for the students to gain experience in outside of the classroom.
We do not have established health programs and are not in need of special security measures. Bullying and school atmosphere are the issues we struggle with but are currently being worked on.
I had a good experience