Angola High School is a public school located in Angola, IN. It has 873 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Angola High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+100 Students
- A92 Students
- B-85 Students
- A+73 Students
- B-53 Students
- B40 Students
- B33 Students
- B-32 Students
- A-29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Angola High School
- B-DeKalb High School
- DeKalb County Central United School District, IN
- 124 reviews
- BEdgerton High School
- Edgerton Local School District, OH
- 33 reviews
- BPrairie Heights Senior High School
- Prairie Heights Community School Corporation, IN
- 108 reviews
- BFremont High School
- Fremont Community Schools, IN
- 54 reviews
Angola High School Reviews
Overall Angola High School is pretty good. The core academics are pretty solid with the exception of a few teachers. The extra classes are where I feel Angola kind of falls off. While we offer a good amount of extra classes for a school this size, the quality of those classes is lackluster I've found. Our athletic programs are pretty phenomenal though. We have a great football coach, volleyball coach, basketball (both boys and girls) coach, and both our Cross and Track programs are improving. Something I would love to see is a greater development of other extracurricular activities like Speech and Debate and Academic Bowl.
Angola is by my opinion, the best school in the district. The students here are majorly white, there is very little diversity. The school is overly religious when it comes to students culture. It's a little difficult to be liked by others in the school if you aren't Christian. Other than being that, the school's teachers and academics are great. Food isn't the greatest but we do get what we think is real food. We have a total of 8 days we can miss, but if we go over the 8 days we cant to any extracurricular or any after school activities which aren't good. The school only teaches two languages French and Spanish, but we have three language teachers. Students don't like the administration.
My class was treated poorly throughout all four years of high school. At every turn we were treated like the trouble class, for doing absolutely nothing wrong. As a result, our graduation ceremony was improvised, as none of us were interested in it and only wanted to leave the building as quick as possible. I wouldn't reccomend this schoolk to anyone based on my experiences with it.