Angola High School is a public school located in Angola, IN. It has 842 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Angola High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A82 Students
- B+81 Students
- B-81 Students
- A+61 Students
- B46 Students
- B33 Students
- B30 Students
- B-27 Students
- A24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Angola High School
- BDeKalb High School
- DeKalb County Central United School District, IN
- 115 reviews
- B-Edgerton High School
- Edgerton Local School District, OH
- 33 reviews
- BPrairie Heights Senior High School
- Prairie Heights Community School Corporation, IN
- 105 reviews
- BFremont High School
- Fremont Community Schools, IN
- 50 reviews
Angola High School Reviews
My experience at Angola High School has been decent. The teachers are very knowledgeable in their individual subject. I would like to see the diversity of the school change. I would like to see the administration focus more on the fine arts than athletics. In my opnion, I think the school's focus should be equal towarss both. Angola High School fails to do that.
My experience at this high school was very mixed, I enjoyed the courses but no so much the environment in which they were taught. I think students and staff both are much too concerned with things other than education and it makes learning a difficult thing for students like myself. I was singled out for being different and having different viewpoints, I think if very much a conforming school and if you are an individual who does not do well at conforming this can be a very difficult school to transition to. i started here my junior year so things may have been different had i been brought up in this type of learning and social environment.
I have so far enjoyed my time at Angola High School. I've been going here since I was a freshman. The teachers are wonderful, the school activities such as football games and dances are well out together and enjoyable.