Angelo Rodriguez High School Reviews

I'd say it is a fairly average school. My favorite part would have to be the diversity, I have never felt discriminated against for my race or felt out of place. There are so many different types of people, Rodriguez has it all. It is such an accepting school (as far as a high school can be). And although there are several problems with the school and people you're going to have them wherever you go.
Angelo Rodriguez High School has many great teachers that do their best to prepare students for the future. I'd like to see the art department get more attention, as the school's top priority was focused on sports.
In my past two years of being in high school, I learned a lot and met some new people, however this school has copious amounts of bullying. Like myself and many others, a lot of us have been bullied by other students and I wish the school would take note of that.
Start Your Review of Angelo Rodriguez High School
I really enjoyed that the majority of teachers made me feel motivated and excited about getting an education, however, I feel as if they could have done more to prepare me for college, like perhaps encouraging a bit more independence and treating us more like adults.
Angelo Rodriguez High School is amazing in terms of academics. The school offers a very wide variety of honors and Advanced Placement classes and most of the AP teachers have experience grading the actual exams and therefore do an excellent job preparing us students for the exams. Something I would like to see change at my school, however, is the amount of restrictions we have on fun activities such as rallies and spirit weeks, too many of the things us students find to be good ideas are deemed inappropriate which is why there isn’t much school spirit when it comes to these things.
Our current principal is very supportive of all activities and always present at school events, even coming with our music program to Reno.
What was great about this school was the diversity and all of the after school things such as sports or marching band were pretty great as well. There was a few great teachers there however a majority of them did not seem to care about the students or teaching in general so it would be great if that changed.
The things I liked about this school were my friends and the amount of things I learned. Although the administration isn't very good some teacher do make an effort to keep you focused ad make learning fun. I would like to see the culture of the school change. For example going to rally and more school spirit. This starts with leadership and the activities happening at the rally.
When I was in high school I liked how they had fun electives as well as science electives. I also though they did a good job at keeping it clean.
Food was awful! All the teachers I got were nice and knew what they were doing. Pretty much your average high school. The swim team is definitely high quality. I recommend joining even if you never swam.
Rodriguez High School is a pretty good school, with a wide range of academics and a very diverse population.
I am part of the Early College High School Program at Rodriguez. Teachers are willing to make time to help students out in their academics. ECHS promotes rigorous work in preparation for college. Success is recognized. Students are ready to learn and are motivated to their best.
At Angelo Rodriguez High School, I have been pleased at the way the teachers are involved with the success of he students. One thing I would like to change is the students lack of voice and opinion in the operating of th school.
From my experiences at Angelo Rodriguez High School, some students behave badly at school, such as making offensive jokes or gossip. Some teachers are polite and cares about student’s grade whenever they are about to fail and would do help them improve. Also, some teachers does not teach students clearly and would allow students to talk back at them or they would digress from their lessons in order to make a random conversation with a random student. What I like in Angelo Rodriguez High School is that there are many courses that students could take. Also, the college and career center would e-mail students about volunteer work, college fairs, scholarship programs, etc. Also, the principal recognizes student’s success by allowing them to go to lunch early. In addition, he would take action if a student did something wrong by either suspending or expelling them. If there is one thing that could change at Angelo Rodriguez High School, it would be the student’s behavior at school.
I liked being a part of the Early College High School Program, which is a program at Rodriguez High that allows students to take college classes while still in high school. This has helped me prepare for college.
While almost all my life I heard that Rodriguez High School was the best in my district, I have to sorely disagree. I believe that my school has a good campus, but it's the school social environment that is lacking. There is a plethera of great clubs, but if you ever want to make a real change on campus it is almost impossible. Also, the school is very divided amongst students. It seems like only if you are a part of leadership you are recognized by the school or your teachers. My experience has been lack luster and I've had pretty bad experiences with some teachers, students as well as administrators. They might pretend to care, but it's not real. On the other hand, the education is pretty good. You will learn what you need to to be successful and they provide the technology you need as well. If they fix their social environment, Rodriguez has a great chance to be something amazing.
Rodriguez High is a good school with teachers who are there to actually help students further their education. Rod tries it's best to have lots of school events, more people just need to get involved to make the events more fun. Our principle is very active with students and loves to be here.
Start Your Review of Angelo Rodriguez High School
This is the second generation of our family the graduate high school in this community. My family involvement in the school and community helps my children to feel apart of the school. I Think if gives them the security and self confidence to succeed. I think the students school spirit rubs off onto the teachers making their jobs easier. The school is completely computerized and the students can catch up on missed assignments. Ane parents have access to the students grades even on weekends.
So far, my experience at this school has been positive. However, it seems that our district is not interested in providing us with the money necessary for materials and upkeep. All in all, this school is better than others in the area, and most of the problems I have can be summed up to the lack of money available to the school. From what I have heard from my friends, and from my own experience, the sports teams-while not very good- are structured well outside of the attitude of the coaches. The students tend to be respectful and kind, especially in higher level classes. Overall, I would rank my school a four out of five, because I feel that while my school is better than others, there is still room for improvement.
This was a very good high school. I was well cared for by peers and staff throughout all four years here. I was in the ECHS program which was very tough but very rewarding for me.