Andrews High School is an above average, public school located in Andrews, TX. It has 1,017 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 78% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Andrews High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-81 Students
- A+67 Students
- B65 Students
- A+51 Students
- B48 Students
- B+46 Students
- C+40 Students
- A27 Students
- B27 Students
- A-25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Andrews High School Reviews
I would like to see the teacher's attitudes towards their students change. Many of them are trying to be our friend when really we just need a teacher. And some of them need to be a bit nicer, one teacher in particular enjoys telling us that we will not graduate and he doesn't care. I feel that as students, we get overwhelmed easily and we need a positive environment to help us out.
Sports are great at Andrews. They offer something for everyone when it comes to extracurricular activities. However, if you are a girl participating in sports don't expect much of a crowd. The boys get the majority of the support, and the girls were a lot better.
Some teachers are either old or just rude, but for the most part they are pretty good. They like for students to get involved in any way possible when it comes to a lesson and enjoy having them do group work to collaborate on subjects.