Andrews High School is a public school located in Andrews, NC. It has 280 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Andrews High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+57 Students
- A-32 Students
- A+23 Students
- A+19 Students
- C+15 Students
- B+15 Students
- B+13 Students
- B+12 Students
- B-12 Students
- C12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Andrews High School Reviews
Andrews High School is a small school, which increases the teacher-and-student interaction. The school has big goals, despite being small. It is located in a very safe environment and offers a variety of clubs and sports. Many of the past students have attended major universities throughout the country, including the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC State University, and Duke University. There are no limitations attached to Andrews High School and I thoroughly enjoyed the four years spent at this school.
Overall my experience at Andrews High School has been wonderful. I moved across the state from Wisconsin and decided that I wanted to go to public school. All the previous education I had been homeschooled. I was terrified to begin something new in a new place, but Andrews High school made me feel welcome and important. I was able to be involved in sports, extracurricular activities, and community service. It helped me be involved in the community and feel less like a stranger. My teachers have helped me a great deal. A special thank you to my principle and guidance counselor for helping me get through high school and for guiding me for my next steps in life.
Each morning and afternoon there are police parked out side the school making sure students drive carefully and that parents are following the proper drop off systems for underclassman. I have never once felt unsafe in this school. The school nurse is here twice a week and our athletic trainer is here everyday! They are both so wonderful! I went to them last track season when we discovered there was something abnormal about legs. They worked together to set up my doctors appointments and checked on me regularly at school. They wanted to be included on what the doctors were saying to hopefully get to the bottom of the problem.