Andrew P. Hill High School Reviews

Great environment. Caring, inclusive kids and teachers that treat you as a good friend. Teachers give you advice, kids that act like kids and understand the significance of kindness.
When looking back all I see in my experience in that this school it was a just negative vibe where I didn't like the people that were there, beside some, during the school day. With the bad environment in the school I would say that it the focus on my academics was very well since the IB Diploma Programme is in the school. With the program in mind the readiness for college I would say is excellent and it readies you to go to college and leave the school for good.
It's a very mediocre school. The teachers and classes are questionable when it comes to material. From what I've experienced, most of my teachers are very laid back, and the behavior, as well as the lack of effort that some students put in, is a little concerning.
Start Your Review of Andrew P. Hill High School
The teachers focus more on dress code than they do on teaching some days. The academics are strong, the athletics are par and clubs are great.
it was horrible I had the adminstrators follow me around in there little golf carts my whole freshman year because i had old friends that became gang members so they told all the people i hung out with

i was a gang member which i wasent also the teachers are horrible i had a math teacher named garma and he was horrible he would just put on videos while he ate mcdonalds and when i asked for help he would tell me just to look at the examples
Andrew P. Hill was a rough school in the early 2000. I attended this school as a freshman in 2005. During this time the school lacked the budget needed to keep many school activities open. Many clubs and sports had to be removed. Teacher did not have the nescesarry tools to perform their job adequately. Drop-out and teen pregnancy rate were high. Eventually funding increased and the school were able to improve the facility. Many clubs, sport and activities also came back. Student life is now at a much better quality than when I attended.
For me, the only worthwhile thing that comes from Andrew P. Hill is their IB curriculum. Regular core classes tend to be far less rigorous than they should, which is the result of the district wanting to graduate students rather than truly educate them. Although the majority of the school's teachers and faculty are nice people, some of them do not seem like they care about the students. There are only a small number of adults that truly care about their students, which is juxtaposed many others that are, for the most part, sub-par and uncaring. Andrew P. Hill is not a bad school by any means, but attending the school left a lot to be desired. The bright side is that the school is making attempts to improve their faculty and student life. They are now employing new staff with more aspirations to help children succeed, as well as provide more and more student resources with each passing year, including an on-site therapist/student psychologist.
Andrew Hill has a very unique setting. Although within San Jose and is quite close to many other great schools, it has a horrible stigma behind it. Parents believe the school is terrible and yet, it can be said that the staff who teaches here have heard of the stigma, and wishes to change the way they think. Despite being in the, what most would call the "ghetto", the teacher fully understands many from Andrew Hill are not from a privileged family and intends to support them wholeheartedly.
Andrew Hill was an "okay" high school. I would be lying if I said that I enjoyed walking onto the campus every morning. The area of the school as well as the dress code, gave off a very depressing vibe to me and most students every day. What I would hope to see change is the ridiculous dress code, because walking through the halls only seeing black and grey is really upsetting, and it doesn't help when the school is in a not so good community. You need color to uplift your spirits, and the choice for self expression because being in a bad mood or feeling "down" can make a negative impact on your grades.
I liked the teachers, they were pretty easy to get along with. It was easy to make friends and join in various clubs and activities.
Andrew P. Hill High School is one of the rising high schools in San Jose. Offering many different pathways for students, it is obvious that this high school is trying to prepare students for the future. I've had many interesting and wonderful experiences at this high school which have shaped me into the person I am today. Although this school has its faults such as its strict uniform policy and a couple of sub-par teachers, it is constantly growing and improving itself. Just last year the school started renovating its quad area for students such as myself. I know this school cares for each and every one of its students and it will never stop trying to provide resources to help with their future.
Throughout my four years of high school, I feel as though my experience at Andrew P. Hill was fairly average, borderline poor. There are some teachers that lack a drive and put no effort into their teaching; they throw work at their students expecting them to teach themselves. The counselors are rarely of help - they don't communicate well or connect well with their students, and clearly have favorites. The attendance office has always been a nightmare to contact, and when you go to the office to speak to someone the staff are always in low spirits. They give students and parents attitude. The principal, however, is quite the opposite. He is very cheerful and positive, always interacting with students and greeting them. Overall, Andrew P. Hill could improve on many things, their staff in particular.
good school i ever been when i come to America. the teacher there are very helpful, they are really good.
The food and the fact that the R-40 is never mentioned to the general student populace left a bitter taste in my mouth for this school, but I liked that my teachers cared about my education and that my counselors were dedicated to the students that they were assigned to.
Little Interaction from staff with students. Authority is weak. Lack of interest to seek high education (most students). Classes are easy to pass if any effort is involved. Great Library (when it is opened).
Great School! Went there and most of the teachers really care about pushing their students to do their best! Also they are rebuilding their quad to give the school a new look!
Andrew P. Hill is an average school; I was able to make new friends and open up to many of their clubs. We have numerous amounts of diversity in terms of our spirit and the culture that has been brought. We have revolved around our outstanding programs which has allowed us to emphasize the natures of college. It really has taught students, including myself how and what the college system expects from us.
Start Your Review of Andrew P. Hill High School
Andrew Hill High School has a diversity of students ranging from Asians to Mexicans that are kind and social. The teachers are helpful and always willing to teach students and stay after school for extra help. I've been at Andrew Hill for four years and the experience is great as I meet new students that share my passion of running and science.
My experience in Andrew Hill has been fine. I like the teachers, yet I do not like the students. First of all, I have been bullied for two years, and I attempted suicide because of the unwelcoming atmosphere from the students. Also, some students are unmotivated and often laughing at the appearance of others. Fortunately, I have met some of the greatest teachers and learned a lot from them, and they push me to my full potentials every day. I just hope that the students will be more involved in academic.
Itś a great school the teachers are awesome and teach very well and they help when you dont understand and they get you. But most of the school is great itś my senior year and I am kind of bum that i am gradauting and leaving the school teachers and my younger friends.