Andrew Jackson High School is an above average, public school located in Kershaw, SC. It has 659 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Andrew Jackson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-93 Students
- B+67 Students
- B+56 Students
- B+56 Students
- A50 Students
- B-41 Students
- B-34 Students
- B-30 Students
- B-25 Students
- B23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Andrew Jackson High School
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Andrew Jackson High School
Andrew Jackson High School Reviews
I attended Andrew Jackson High School for my entire educational experience, and it has helped to shape me into the determined and knowledgeable student I am today. I have found teachers whose sole focus is to nurture me and that care for my future even more than my parents. However, this school is particularly known for its arts focus program. I was a part of the visual arts aspect of this program, and I continued with it to further my skills and love for my talent. And although it has brought me great satisfaction, I wish there was more opportunities for deeper interaction with my talent, as the focus classes were seemingly just regular arts classes with a more elaborate name. However, this school has brought me nothing but success in my academics and otherwise, and, given the surrounding options of this area, I wouldn’t choose to have attended anywhere else.
I like the environment in which I’m given to learn. I would like to see however more of a focus put on seniors with the application process for colleges, scholarships. I wish we had a home economics class. That would have been very helpful since I’ll be living in my own pretty much within the next few months. I also wish the girls could wear shorts but I know a bunch o people would cross the line so I could understand that not changing. Overall, I just think that the teachers should be more involved in the students’ lives and get to know each of them personally before they attempt to teach them something. After all, teachers can always learn new things too.
I have to say that Andrew Jackson has such a welcoming atmosphere that resonates from the students, faculty and staff. The children are passionate about what they do and are remarkably talented. The custodians keep the school super clean and I've never had complaints about security or cleanliness.