Andrew Jackson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-82 Students
- B+60 Students
- B+51 Students
- B+49 Students
- A43 Students
- B-35 Students
- B-26 Students
- B-25 Students
- B-19 Students
- B-17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Andrew Jackson High School
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Andrew Jackson High School
Andrew Jackson High School Reviews
I attended Andrew Jackson High School for my entire educational experience, and it has helped to shape me into the determined and knowledgeable student I am today. I have found teachers whose sole focus is to nurture me and that care for my future even more than my parents. However, this school is particularly known for its arts focus program. I was a part of the visual arts aspect of this program, and I continued with it to further my skills and love for my talent. And although it has brought me great satisfaction, I wish there was more opportunities for deeper interaction with my talent, as the focus classes were seemingly just regular arts classes with a more elaborate name. However, this school has brought me nothing but success in my academics and otherwise, and, given the surrounding options of this area, I wouldn’t choose to have attended anywhere else.
I have been a student at Andrew Jackson for 4 years. I have had an overall pleasant experience. Almost all of the teachers are friendly and are willing to help students. I have played football for 4 years and it is funded very well. I wrestling for two years and it did not receive much funding at all. The parents and coaches had to donate a bunch of money. We also had to have a bunch of fundraisers to raise money. The wrestling program needs more funding from the school. There is some diversity in classes but there could and should be more. There are only a few AP classes and there should be more for the students. There is some school culture but the school could do way more to make it better. Overall, this school is really great.
Many of the teachers at AJ are very knowledgeable at the topic that they have chosen, but there are a few who are not that great at one particular subject and should be teaching another subject. All of the teachers I have had were very friendly and open to new ideas put forth by the students. All of my teachers have always been available outside of school for anyone in need or for questions. Overall the teaching staff is really good.