Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
Andrean High School is a highly rated, private, Catholic school located in Merrillville, IN. It has 550 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. After graduation, 98% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Andrean High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A162 Students
- A+155 Students
- B79 Students
- B+76 Students
- A-72 Students
- B55 Students
- B51 Students
- A+46 Students
- C+41 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 38 responses
- Football Games13%
- School Dances11%
- Senior Ditch Day8%
- Half Days5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Andrean High School Reviews
My experience at Andrean was overall very positive. The majority of my teachers were amazing and they really cared about me doing well in their class. I could see how it wouldn’t be like that for everyone though because at this school what you put out is what you receive. I always did my best in every class and the teachers recognized that. They made sure that will all my hard work, I would succeed in their class. I was also able to find my friend group, and I met some people that I will keep in my life forever. Although the location is not the best, I’ve never felt like I was in danger at any time during my high school experience. Overall, I would say the more you get yourself out there and make the most of this experience, the more enjoyable school will be.
I love the close knit nature of the Andrean family, you get to know everyone and everyone knows you. Also the great academic preparation for college has helped me tremendously. One thing that I say could be improved is the facilities, the building was really old and didn’t even have central air conditioning. However it had a sense of tradition and character which was really nice.
I loved the volleyball program, the teachers and the education they have given me. I have made many friends and have been allowed to travel around the world. Andrean has given me the opportunity to enhance my life and has allowed me to dive deeper into my faith. Andrean has made me feel like I am part of a family and we take pride in our traditions, education, athletics, and religion.