Andrada Polytechnic High School Reviews

Andrada Polytechnic is a college-based school that has allowed me to pursue my interest in Psychology earlier in life than most. I now have a head start on my future and am better prepared for college and what is to come after I graduate.
Andrada is a place where it is okay to be different. Being different is what makes everyone fit in, in a way everyone is unique. The atmosphere is almost like a college. We are given so much freedom, and with that comes responsibility. The pathways make it so that students could have a job lined up the day after graudation. Andrada is like no other, and any student would be lucky to go here.
I'm a freshmen at Andrada Polytechinic and my experience here so far is good. I like how they have a pathway/jumpstart college program available for all students. The high school also has a very nice environment, they have nice buildings. Although a good school, I would like to see Andrada grow bigger. We don't have our own sports team and there really isn't that much of a variety of clubs and activities.
Start Your Review of Andrada Polytechnic High School
I loved it all The school is amazing, a pretty good school for everyone. I would recommend it. It was the best school I attended. The teachers are really involved with students, teachers show they care, they have their reteach times, they are flexible. Vail district overall is the best district among all.
At my school there is a vibrant and fun school culture centered around Freedom with Responsibility. This is where responsible students can get free time outside of lunch. They also offer Career Technical Education in engineering, digital communications, medical assisting, a pathway in molecular biology, veterinary assisting, automotive technologies. Also interesting classes such as Rock Band, and Alternative Energy.
It is an okay school. Not the best. The teachers over react or don't keep up with grades and put a ton of pressure on the students. The security guards at this school are a different story. One security guard is amazing everyone loves her. But the only guy security guard its absolutely dreadful. He gets the students in trouble for going to the bathroom or walking to the nurse even with permission. He is a dreadful person and brings the great safe feeling place down to being felt like your under attack.
- Parent of a student
My experience during my freshman year attending Andrada Polytechnic High School was mixed. Of course, I am glad I picked this school and I would never even think to transfer anywhere else. I picked Andrada for it's pathways and college benefits. Mostly, my teachers this year have been great, it's more my student life that I would change. There are frequent fights at my school, as well as drug use and other things. One good thing is that there is a lot of diversity at this school, but that could also be bad. I am unhappy with the amount of inequality that was shown prior to the recent election, such as a lot of supremacy of certain races and the discrimination of minorities such as African-Americans and people of the LGBT community. I would change the way that some teachers choose to educate and I would also promote equality and acceptance of all throughout my school.
Likes: Counselors (very willing to help)
Free Periods (no class; given so homework can be done)
Dislikes: Mandatory SEP (Senior exit project; must do or held back (for whole Vail District; means thousands of high schools students competing with each other and another hundreds of thousands of college students (2 colleges near by that do internships))
Advertisement of school (States it is a high level class; IS NOT)
Pathways (polytechnic pathway; provides useless certificates at the end of the 4 years)
Lunch Time (no organized line for lunch; takes honest students 40 min to get lunch because others cut to front)
Passing Periods (Small hallways, about a thousand kids; teachers make students wait in the halls)
Classes (all classes swamp students with tons of projects, notes, homework combined in a week at the same time)
I love the concept of freedom with responsibility, however I believe the staff could be held to a slightly higher standard. I love what I get to do every day and the education I am receiving. I wish we had a little more educational guidance, and assistance with college applications and scholarship applications.
I loved my high school. Amazing staff & Teachers . And I loved the Pathway programs. They are the reason I am a certified medical assistant now
The teachers are great, helpful and innovative.
Andrada has many students in healthcare pathways so, generally, it is a healthy school. I, personally, am very fond of the school nurse; she´s strict with her practice. Bullying and school-safety has never been an issue before, and any time that a student I know has been faced with a problem, the school has always had their back.
Because Andrada offers unique academic opportunities, the school is involved in programs such as HOSA. HOSA funds and supports Andrada´s healthcare pathways, including MA, Vet, and Psychology. Students can get involved, for a small fee, and receive extensive chances to volunteer and participate in HOSA competitions.
Every teacher at Andrada is devoted to their students. No matter the challenge, all of their attention is put towards giving us what we need to succeed. With hard work, time, and energy, they develop connections with us that last all throughout our high school years. What these teachers give us is more than just information we need to pass tests; they provide us with skills that we will use the rest of our lives.
The school nurse is always very nice. This school only hires the best when it comes to health & safety
There are small activities that no one is involved in. There are no sorts so it's very upsetting.
What makes the school unique is that they are all about "freedom with responsibility". This high school allows cellphones, food in class as well as a free period to study. They also offer classes to offer state certification by the end of your senior year.
Start Your Review of Andrada Polytechnic High School
They need their own sports team as well as a gymnasium for assemblies.
This is the safest school I have ever been too. Both the security and nurse on campus are amazing.
The clubs are few, but varied and well put together.