Andover High School Reviews

This school gives their students amazing opportunities. Majority of the teachers are supportive of the students and are willing to help students. Over my four years at Andover, the diversity of students has grown which is a wonderful thing. They are expanding the school this summer, I believe so. Which is much needed and will be very beneficial for the school, students, and staff.
My time at Andover High School was a good experience. I had the opportunity to meet a diverse group of kids and I feel like I have benefitted from knowing them. The only thing that I would change is the school view on bullying. They give the impression that our school has a very low bullying rate compared to other schools in our district but I feel that this is not true. I feel like they do not hold the kids who bully accountable and try to find the "easy way out" to ensure that the number of incidents appears low. Because of this many kids will not report cases of bullying because they do not feel that the school will do anything. The school administration needs to be held to a higher standard where their "no tolerance" actually happens.
Not only does Andover high school have superior academics, Andover high school also carries a sense of togetherness and warmth. I have nothing but positive things to say about my experience at Andover High School, from excellent faculty that felt more like friends than teachers to the opportunities to become involved, Andover offers it all. I'm proud to say I'm an Andover High School Alumni.
Start Your Review of Andover High School
Much like any other suburban school, it was very clique-ey and split up. The students there like to stick to their own group, inattentive of new students. The teachers are generally nice, and the education, sports, and buildings are relatively nice.
The ability to learn at Andover High School is great. Teacher's care about their students. Teachers help when students need it. You can tell that what the teachers are teaching are important for the student. One problem with the school is their inability to spend their money the right way. Instead of fixing some of the bathroom problems, they went and bought new TV's for the hallways, which less than half of all students look at them and basically every student uses the bathrooms every day. With that said, I believe that Andover is one of the safer schools in Minnesota. We keep the doors secure and don't let random people into our school.
The teachers are all very kind and know what they’re talking about, but some of the administration doesn’t seem to have the best interest for the students in mind. Classes are big, but overall a very nice environment. Could be more diverse.
My overall experience at this school has been amazing! Most of the teachers care about their students in and beyond the classroom. The art and music programs are very exceptional, especially orchestra. A downside is that they prioritize sports over anything else, and don’t give them recognition or funding. The other downside is diversity. Overall a very good school though!
I love high school! I really will miss it! Andover has given me amazing memories. I told myself my Freshmen year that I was not going to let myself ever at the end of senior year regreate not joining more things. so that is exactly what I did, I was on the dance team, speech team, track team, tech crew for theater, french club, chess club, art club, FCA (president), link crew, band, pep band, climbing crew, and attend many sporting events. I love school spirit and being a Husky! The only thing I would like to see improve is our school favors sports and clubs over others. We are all equal.
It’s a good school to learn at. It has a lot of fun and funny teachers and makes me happy to be there.
I enjoyed my experience at Andover high school. Though it is not a very diverse school, you get a chance to meet many different people with different experiences. It is super easy to get involved in music, theater, and sports. There are also many opportunities to take harder courses to prepare for college. I took multiple honors and AP courses throughout my four years here, and found them very manageable with my busy schedule. Most of the teachers really care about you as a person and student, and are willing to do extra to help you succeed.
Great experience, solid teachers, good communication with parents. Would love to see some more emphasis on cultural diversity throughout the area and Twin City area.
I do not like the administration at Andover at all. They claim to be preparing us for college yet they put ridiculous rules on us that is nothing like what we will be facing next year. Good education though.
I would like to see more acceptance at Andover High School. There is not much diversity so when others come into acquaintance with someone different than them, they are usually very rude and disrespectful.
I think that Andover High School does a great job at preparing students for college, although other options are somewhat looked down upon. I think that move diversity could benefit the school community.
it's was ok ... because a student of color there it wasn't really what i was looking for, but the education was coo I guess
Andover High School was a great learning environment. The diversity was lacking to the point I attended most of my high school classes as the only non-white person. The food offered to students for lunch was the standard American diet with slight variations to attempt to give the idea of an "option." College readiness does not exist because the courses given are centered on how to duplicate the success you had K- 12 in a college classroom and that isn't realistic. The demands of attending college and the details individual to each person should be considered and a class catering to these particulars ought to be given. Academically the school performed above average but no where near some of the other surrounding high schools. When it comes to sports Andover has too many parents vying for their child to see success where they did not in life so the teams don't have great athletes. Just the spoon fed parents of entitled children.
Students are friendly, the same holds true for most teachers too. The other staff are absolutely amazing, although the administrative staff are very rude to students and teachers
Start Your Review of Andover High School
At Andover High School, I have had an overall positive experience. The school is nice and easy to navigate, and I have connected with many people over the years. The teachers are passionate about what they do and helpful to the students.
Andover High School is a great place to get an education. It is one of the best schools in the area academically. I've had my fair share of poor staff, but there are beyond plenty of caring, helpful, and professional staff members. The building is fairly new (built in 2002 I believe), and it is very nice. The environment is okay, but can be very "cliquey". It is in a nice (and safe area). Overall, the school is a great place to get an education, and looked upon highly. Students are offered a great chance to get the right education and the best preparation for college.
I had a great experience during my 4 years at Andover High School. I received a great education by teachers who really care for their students.