Andover High School Reviews

I am a junior at Andover High School, and think that my school is above average. There are many very good teachers, who are engaged in their teaching. The academics are very good because of this. Sports at AHS are extraordinary. Many of our teams win division and state titles. Downsides to our school include the food. The food can be good somedays, and bad others. Another downside to the school, is the social structure to the school. In my school most people find a group of friends, but there is little to no intermingling of these groups. Overall, I think my school is pretty good, and I just wish the social structure was a little more fluid.
The academics were very strong in some areas but other teachers failed to provide basic skills students needed in order to be successful in future classes. The administration and resource officer spent their time trying to get students in trouble to make the school "safer" rather than working with the trouble students to get to the root of a problem and help the student change their ways or get them help for unhealthy habits. The teachers genuinely cared about seeing their students succeed but many did not give much work or never really challenged their students and resulted in many hours wasted where students could have been learning valuable material.
I transferred to Andover High partway through my high school career after attending a private school for two years. Academically, It was similar to the college prep school in honors level classes. With more students and fewer teachers, classes were often a bit crowded which meant there was not always time for students to have individual relationships with every teacher. I was able to finish my graduation requirements a semester early due to having taken classes at a community college during high school. Despite a lack of a dual enrollment program I was able to communicate with guidance councilors and the principal to have my college courses counted towards my requirements.
Start Your Review of Andover High School
Andover high school is a very close-knit and inclusive. It is impressive how they bring parts of the community together in a variety of ways. They offer an abundance of AP classes, and after-school clubs which allow you to follow your passions.
I have loved my time at Andover High. It's the perfect mix between big and small school, and the buffalo chicken wraps are to die for.
I love that Andover High School gives students many resources and opportunities to achieve unique goals in a safe environment. I hope to see that teachers work harder than they currently are to provide their students with accurate, concise information.
Andover High School is a place for students to get a solid education. There is definitely room for improvement, especially with student-administration communication, but AHS has wonderful potential and many phenomenal teachers and students.
Overall, both the teachers and the students at Andover High are very supportive and willing to help anyone who needs it. The school is constantly changing for the best with environmentally friendly options being available and new clubs being introduced seemingly all the time. The classes themselves are often taught at the level they say they are, but there are times when some of the teachers forget they are not teaching an AP class. The homework load is manageable and for the most part, the teachers understand that we students have extracurricular activities such as sports and clubs that also require our attention. The parking situation is definitely a mess for the upper-class students, but a good portion of that is also because of the confused parents that like to block all the exits. All in all, Andover High is a decent school that does offer a friendly and welcoming environment a good amount of the time.
I like the academic options at Andover. After sophomore year, course selection broadens and you are offered a wider variety of courses to take. The one downside is that there are approximately 2,000 students at the school so it can feel a bit crowded at times.
My experience at Andover High School was not that great. It was hard for me to stay involved in the clubs and activities that it had to offer. They are not a diverse school at at. Its hard to immerse yourself with other cultures when there is not a lot to offer. The admin was horrible.
I have enjoyed being a student here overall however, there are a few things that I wish were different. The school is very divided into different groups. For instance I am in the band and they don't associate with other groups such as the basketball team or soccer team. People just like to stick to their small group of friends which can be hard for a new student entering the district.
Administration never put the students' interests first. Heavy grade inflation. Too many tenured teachers.
I found that the teachers at Andover High School were not interested in student success. During my years, the teachers at one point went on strike hoping to increase their pay and this impacted a lot of students negatively.
Some really good teachers, some really bad. Curriculum is mostly useless but there is some good stuff hidden in there. Administration does some stupid stuff sometimes.
Andover high school is a great place to learn about a very big range of subjects, from architecture to automotive to college math, Andover high school has it. The teachers here are very kind and care about kids futures, many work along with them to prepare them for what they want to do with their lives. Here you will meet many friendly people of all ages that will end up being a close friend throughout your life. Overall, Andover High School is a wonderful school and I recommend it to anyone looking for a fun time in High School.
Andover High School is a great mix of people and academics. There is a lot of diversity on campus. However, the best part about this school, in my opinion, is the after school clubs. There are so many, from debate to science to music, and there's something for everyone at Andover High.
Andover High has a strong academic curriculum, but it can improve its curriculum by allowing sophomores to take APs. The teachers are all very dedicated to their classes, and the block schedule at this school makes work very manageable. The fine arts programs are weak but steadily improving.
Start Your Review of Andover High School
I liked my experience here. It's your normal Massachusetts public High School. It's mostly filled with kids that come from affluent families, so you expect them to act the way they do when you go to this school. Which is snobby and entitled, but that doesn't make them bad people. It's a very safe town and the worst a student has done was make a fake threat on the stairwell wall. The food is good and I love the staff in the cafeteria, they are wicked nice. The High School as a whole is a pretty good place to get your education at.
Fine town if you can find your way. The administration needs to do a better job with listening to students and others opinions. The academics are good and the majority of teachers do care. I took a lot of great classes here, but some were lacking.
Andover High School is a very good school in terms of preparing students for life in college. The academic rigor prepares students for their next educational steps. Some teachers, however, expect too much of students and fail to teach the material. Students are often expected to teach themselves.