Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Andover High School is a highly rated, public school located in Andover, MA. It has 1,790 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 91% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Andover High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A449 Students
- A+320 Students
- A+301 Students
- A+228 Students
- A+191 Students
- B+175 Students
- A-155 Students
- A+143 Students
- B+138 Students
- A+124 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 85 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like Andover High School
- A+Winchester High School
- Winchester Public Schools, MA
- 141 reviews
- A+Bedford High School
- Bedford Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 176 reviews
- A-Newburyport High School
- Newburyport Public Schools, MA
- 97 reviews
- AChelmsford High School
- Chelmsford Public Schools, MA
- 271 reviews
Andover High School Reviews
Teachers are very helpful and experts in their fields. They take the extra effort to answer questions, and have lots of availability. The Guidance counselors are always there for the students, preparing them to go onto college. There are many clubs, sports, and activities to participate in. The student body, for a large school is inclusive and cohesive. The administration is supportive, encouraging, and friendly. Overall a great package!
So far, I am enjoying my time at Andover High School. The teachers are very passionate and genuinely care about their students, although there is quite a bit of emphasis on sports, rather than artistic extracurriculars. The quality of Andover High School is very good, but the physical building could use some renovations and the science labs could be improved. All in all, I am very grateful to be a student here!
I loved my time at Andover High School, I loved my classes and all my teachers. There's a great culture at Andover High, everyone wants each other to succeed, and in general just a really friendly community. I am a three sport captain and I can't emphasize it enough, but the athletics programs are elite and so enjoyable. Andover High is a very diverse and inclusive school where everyone finds their path. I'm so thankful that I went through Andover High School!