Andover High School is a top rated, public school located in Andover, MA. It has 1,782 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Andover High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A321 Students
- A+234 Students
- A+225 Students
- A+162 Students
- B+130 Students
- A+125 Students
- A-113 Students
- A-107 Students
- A102 Students
- A+90 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 67 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.49 responses
Schools like Andover High School
- A+Winchester High School
- Winchester Public Schools, MA
- 129 reviews
- A+Bedford High School
- Bedford Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 157 reviews
- A-Newburyport High School
- Newburyport Public Schools, MA
- 86 reviews
- AChelmsford High School
- Chelmsford Public Schools, MA
- 238 reviews
Andover High School Reviews
I have had a wonderful time at AHS! I've been involved in several varsity sports teams, on one of which we won the D1 State Championship. I have also been a part of a large variety of clubs and programs. I have become president of three of these groups and have had a wonderful experience. I've met many new friends. I've worked very hard and gotten great grades as a result and feel very prepared for entering college next year.
During my 4 years at AHS, I have been unimpressed. Academically, the English and history departments are full of wonderful teachers. The math department is abysmal. The administration has consistently failed the student body. Their tardy policy includes detention for students who are late more than three times. The tardy line for students who arrive a few minutes late is so long that it increases the amount of time that students are not learning. The new 2 million dollar schedule has left students and teachers stressed and irritated. I am very much looking forward to graduating.
Overall, the school has great students, staff, and opportunities. I can find teachers that I trust and are able to help me with my future, and students are compelled to explore their resources. The principal is a wonderful guy who’s great at his job. The teachers are give and take; some of them have been the best educators I’ve ever had, while some make me want to rip my hair out with their superiority complexes. The students generally enjoy their classes exempt of homework loads that range from 2 to 4 hours depending on the classes. The school itself is generally excellent; somewhat lacking but deserves credit for its wonderful education.