Andover High School is a top rated, public school located in Andover, MA. It has 1,782 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Andover High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A304 Students
- A+221 Students
- A+216 Students
- A+150 Students
- B+123 Students
- A+115 Students
- A-107 Students
- A-101 Students
- A99 Students
- A+89 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 67 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.49 responses
Schools like Andover High School
- A+Winchester High School
- Winchester Public Schools, MA
- 128 reviews
- A+Bedford High School
- Bedford Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 156 reviews
- A-Newburyport High School
- Newburyport Public Schools, MA
- 86 reviews
- AChelmsford High School
- Chelmsford Public Schools, MA
- 237 reviews
Andover High School Reviews
I have had a wonderful time at AHS! I've been involved in several varsity sports teams, on one of which we won the D1 State Championship. I have also been a part of a large variety of clubs and programs. I have become president of three of these groups and have had a wonderful experience. I've met many new friends. I've worked very hard and gotten great grades as a result and feel very prepared for entering college next year.
I've been here since 9th grade, and there is a lot that has to be changed. Based on Andover itself, there is little diversity here, as Andover is largely rich and has a large white population. The administration is really stupid here, and all their decisions are rather poorly made or do not take into consideration the opinions of students. Two years ago, we switched to a new "7+H" schedule that a large majority of students and teachers opposed because the administration said "we sunk too much money into pushing for it to be a failure". More recently, they implemented a new bathroom pass system because the same students were lapping all the time, harming the rest of the school populations and making a hassle for all the teachers. That being said, they have a huge priority on safety, and the school does feel very safe and welcoming. AHS's academics have only gone down, and they likely will not return to their early 2000's former glory.
My 4 years at AHS were ones to remember. I remember walking into the first day of freshman year and seeing boys with beards and wondering what I was doing there! Yes you'd think that the older seniors were welcoming and nice to freshman but that was not always the case. Being there for the past 4 years, I have noticed something. Kids these days have lost all people-person skills. Everybody is so sucked into their technology and they have no consideration for others. Nobody holds the doors, nobody has full on face to face conversations, everyone is so focused on who recently posted on Instagram. One thing that I would like to see change, if its possible, would to see there be an etiquette class taught at the high school. Once your out into college and the real world, you have to have professional skills that can be used anywhere you go. That would be the one thing that I would like to see change at Andover High School.