Andover High School is an elite, public school located in Andover, MA. It has 1,760 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Andover High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A253 Students
- A+192 Students
- A+179 Students
- A+121 Students
- B+106 Students
- A+94 Students
- A-85 Students
- A-78 Students
- A-78 Students
- A+75 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like Andover High School
- A+Winchester High School
- Winchester Public Schools, MA
- 125 reviews
- A+Bedford High School
- Bedford Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 150 reviews
- ANewburyport High School
- Newburyport Public Schools, MA
- 72 reviews
- AChelmsford High School
- Chelmsford Public Schools, MA
- 225 reviews
Andover High School Reviews
My 4 years at AHS were ones to remember. I remember walking into the first day of freshman year and seeing boys with beards and wondering what I was doing there! Yes you'd think that the older seniors were welcoming and nice to freshman but that was not always the case. Being there for the past 4 years, I have noticed something. Kids these days have lost all people-person skills. Everybody is so sucked into their technology and they have no consideration for others. Nobody holds the doors, nobody has full on face to face conversations, everyone is so focused on who recently posted on Instagram. One thing that I would like to see change, if its possible, would to see there be an etiquette class taught at the high school. Once your out into college and the real world, you have to have professional skills that can be used anywhere you go. That would be the one thing that I would like to see change at Andover High School.
When I was a child I had a hard time learning. Not many schools focused on education but more on disobedience. Andover High School has teachers that not only care about the behavior of their students but their education as well. The teachers do not teach just to graduate from high school but to teach you more then you need. This is to get you prepared for college or the outside world. Not much of a diversity group of children but it is mostly where it is located. Parents are very involved with the school, even other kids within the area. Such as the middle schools and elementary schools. I absolutely am thankful for being a part of Andover High. God Bless you all!
Overall, both the teachers and the students at Andover High are very supportive and willing to help anyone who needs it. The school is constantly changing for the best with environmentally friendly options being available and new clubs being introduced seemingly all the time. The classes themselves are often taught at the level they say they are, but there are times when some of the teachers forget they are not teaching an AP class. The homework load is manageable and for the most part, the teachers understand that we students have extracurricular activities such as sports and clubs that also require our attention. The parking situation is definitely a mess for the upper-class students, but a good portion of that is also because of the confused parents that like to block all the exits. All in all, Andover High is a decent school that does offer a friendly and welcoming environment a good amount of the time.