Andover High School is an elite, public school located in Andover, MA. It has 1,782 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Andover High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A268 Students
- A+201 Students
- A+193 Students
- A+133 Students
- B+111 Students
- A+101 Students
- A-91 Students
- A-87 Students
- A-84 Students
- A+81 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 64 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Schools like Andover High School
- A+Winchester High School
- Winchester Public Schools, MA
- 126 reviews
- A+Bedford High School
- Bedford Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 153 reviews
- ANewburyport High School
- Newburyport Public Schools, MA
- 80 reviews
- AChelmsford High School
- Chelmsford Public Schools, MA
- 231 reviews
Andover High School Reviews
My 4 years at AHS were ones to remember. I remember walking into the first day of freshman year and seeing boys with beards and wondering what I was doing there! Yes you'd think that the older seniors were welcoming and nice to freshman but that was not always the case. Being there for the past 4 years, I have noticed something. Kids these days have lost all people-person skills. Everybody is so sucked into their technology and they have no consideration for others. Nobody holds the doors, nobody has full on face to face conversations, everyone is so focused on who recently posted on Instagram. One thing that I would like to see change, if its possible, would to see there be an etiquette class taught at the high school. Once your out into college and the real world, you have to have professional skills that can be used anywhere you go. That would be the one thing that I would like to see change at Andover High School.
I transferred to Andover High partway through my high school career after attending a private school for two years. Academically, It was similar to the college prep school in honors level classes. With more students and fewer teachers, classes were often a bit crowded which meant there was not always time for students to have individual relationships with every teacher. I was able to finish my graduation requirements a semester early due to having taken classes at a community college during high school. Despite a lack of a dual enrollment program I was able to communicate with guidance councilors and the principal to have my college courses counted towards my requirements.
When I was a child I had a hard time learning. Not many schools focused on education but more on disobedience. Andover High School has teachers that not only care about the behavior of their students but their education as well. The teachers do not teach just to graduate from high school but to teach you more then you need. This is to get you prepared for college or the outside world. Not much of a diversity group of children but it is mostly where it is located. Parents are very involved with the school, even other kids within the area. Such as the middle schools and elementary schools. I absolutely am thankful for being a part of Andover High. God Bless you all!