Andover Central High School Reviews

I can say that Andover Central High has been a great fit for me. I’m glad I got the chance to go to school here. I have made long lasting friendships with teachers/ students. I can definitely say that my teachers have played a major role in my success at Andover Central. It is because of the love and kindness that the teachers showed me once I walked through the doors of that school. I would tell others to come to Andover Central because many people think that Andover Central is not diverse and they’re not friendly at all. I have the experience to say that, it is very diverse and that I have made long lasting relationships as said before.
Andover Central High School provides great curriculum. Teachers guide students as they struggle or have a hard time in class. Grading system is well-organized. Counselors, however, sometimes can't give right answers to students, so students often suffer from lack of information from their school counselors.
Andover Central High was a great place to learn with great teachers and a nice environment. Although, when I was a freshman, there were a total of 30 students who weren't white. Since then, the number has decently grown, but it still is a very white school, which isn't really a bad thing, but it's just not as diverse as other schools in the area.
Start Your Review of Andover Central High School
Andover Central High School is an amazing school, especially academically. The students and teachers are very friendly. The school even has chromebooks in most classrooms and they will soon be expanding the school
I went to Andover Central High School for my 9th grade year. I liked most of my classes. I also liked that they had multiple electives. I didn't like that they made me join a club though.
For the past few years, I have been rather satisfied with the way that my teachers have been able to work with me on an educational level, as well as helping me grow on a personal level. That being said, the students I go to school with have began to behave in a manner that reflects poorly on the school. I would like to see there be a more direct approach on matters like bullying and social equality.
I am currently a senior at Andover Central High School. My school would be considered a big school to some but my school is very organized and easy to find your way around. I love all the teachers we have at the school and how amazing they all are and that they are always making sure you are feeling okay. I wouldn't change anything about the school other than they food that is being made. Over all I really like my school.
Overall my experience at Andover Central High did a very good job of preparing mt for college and the real world in general. The teachers were very personable and got to know every single student. The building was incredibly nice and up tp date. We used laptops and Ipads for many of our in class assignments. It never felt like we were doing busy work and I found a lot of purpose in the lessons and lectures that were given to me.
One of the best public schools in South Central Kansas! I loved my time at ACHS and recommend it to other students and parents. There are plenty of clubs and activities, the teachers are nice. My golf coaches were wonderful, stressing that studies are more important than the sport and allowing us to skip a tournament if our school load was too heavy. The school is not as diverse as neighboring public schools, I felt that it was diverse enough to not leave me feeling out of touch with other ethnic students as compared to my mother's high school, which only had 2 African-American students. While I don't love homework, I'm not sure the workload was enough to prepare me for college because I struggled with 2 classes I took my junior year. Overall, I highly recommend ACHS!
There are plenty of excellent opportunities for advanced classes in most subjects, excepting foreign languages. There are opportunities to go to Washington D.C. or Europe with the Socials Studies teachers. Forensics and debate do well in competitions. The band program is well established, but there is no orchestra. The choral program has grown significantly and I enjoyed being a part of it. The sports teams are active and usually do well in competition. There is a pretty average mix of teachers, with more excellent ones than terrible ones. The requirement for valedictorian is simple, just a 4.0 GPA. It is a great school, just not very diverse in ethnicity.
I am very impressed with the academics and athletics at Andover Central High School. They have multiple opportunities for struggling students to get help if needed. The counselors do a wonderful job of making sure students know about important scholarship or college deadlines and always inform us of different opportunities. One of my favorite things about this school is that I feel safe. One way the school could improve is recognizing all sports. The school seems to favorite some over others.
I have been in the Andover Central district for the last 13 years and I can assure anyone who is thinking about sending their child to the district that it is a top notch school. At Andover Central High School student as well as parent involvement is very hands on when it comes to dances as well as sporting events.
Another great thing about Andover Central would be the wide variety of clubs we offer, to try and get students involved as much as possible.
As I am going into my senior year I have never felt more prepared for college, at school some things the teachers do to prepare us for college are Ramp up to Readiness. This program mainly focuses on juniors and seniors and it helps show us where to get scholarships, where the best college for us to go to would be and it also focuses on two year majors if you would not be interested in going to a four year school.
Overall, Andover Central High School is rated 11th in Kansas which shows just how good of a school it really is.
At Andover Central High School, the academics are great all thanks to the support of supportive teachers and resources. The classes available prepare students for college. Most of the sports teams - volleyball, golf, swim, track and field - have made it to state. There are a variety of clubs and activities, but I feel like there could be more clubs. School culture is good, but there could be more participation from students. Although the diversity is lacking with few only a few minorities. The administration is helpful and wants what it is best for the students. The facilities are clean thanks to the friendly janitors, and students never have to worry about their safety with an SRO officer at the school.
I love my school, the teachers are great, the opportunities are endless, and I'm so grateful that I'm able to go to school here.
Many of the teachers are really good but there are a few that are very biased toward students. They make it obvious that they have favorites and if you are not a favorite your grade will suffer. The counselors are great at guiding you through your high school career. The students are very clicky and there is a lot of bullying that goes on but is ignored.
We have been with Andover schools since both of my children started kindergarten. The schools are GREAT!! They have challenged my kids and because of that, they are both excelling in their studies. My oldest will be graduating high school having already earned her associates degree in college. The only thing that I would change is that I think they need to have weighted GPA's for the students.
Coming from a smaller school to a bigger one like Andover Central I was scared at first. I shouldn't have been though. They are a very welcoming school and the teachers are amazing there. All the teachers I met are all teachers who love to teach and are there for the kids. Not only have I felt welcomed I felt challenged and wanting to learn more.
Start Your Review of Andover Central High School
Every teacher I came into contact with was 100% committed to the advancement of the student. I truly believe these people are who allowed me to flourish in High School. They promoted involvement in multiple areas. I have nothing but good thoughts towards Andover Central.
I moved here my Freshman year, now being a Senior I was welcomed in by everyone, within sports, clubs, friends, and academics are wonderful. It was voted one of the top schools in Kansas and I 100% agree.
I gave Andover Central High school 4 stars out of 5 due the fact, no high school is perfect. Central is great, my school offers a lot of opportunities for the real world. The academics are pretty challenging in some cases, but never too rough on students. The athletics of the school are the best part. Most of the students in the school are participated in some activity or club. Our rivalry with the other half of the district, Andover High, is everyone's favorite meet, game, or event to go to or participate in because we go up against the old school. The school is so friendly but lacks a few things here and there. Such as, the lunches, I know they're healthy but healthy doesn't mean yummy. Our school lacks school spirit, atleast it seems like it until you're a senior, because senior year is the best year and you do all you can to make it memorable. But us as a whole, lack the school culture and spirit.