Anderson W. Clark Magnet High School Reviews

Unlike other schools, there aren't any fights between students or faculty. It is a small school made up of about a 1,000 students. As such, everyone knows each other. Plus, the staff is very considerate of the students.
Clark Magnet offers an atmosphere like no where else, where all students share a bond through the school's small community. Aside from meeting new people, students have the opportunity to learn from passionate teachers and achieve their highest potential through various extracurricular activities and field trips. The school is even advancing in their AP course choices with new additions yearly. Definitely a choice your student won't regret in the future!
Clark was a wonderful school to attend. With it being such a small school everybody knows each other. This extends from the students to the staff. Clark was always clean and kept in top condition. All I would add to this school is a sports team for its students.
Start Your Review of Anderson W. Clark Magnet High School
I do not like the school at all. It seems like prison as it takes out students freedom of expression with the strict dresscode and strict punishments for stupid reasons. Most of the staff suck. Most of the teachers are abysmal. Bad experience. Do not take your kids here.
Definitely a good school. Just not enough clubs. I personally think that every school needs a balance of academics and extracurricular activities.
I'm a part of the Robotics Team at Clark Magnet, and personally, I love every second of it. It gets me really close to what the real engineering world is like, and how the manufacturing process goes on in the workshop. Not only that, but everything I learn in Physics and Math classes are all applied wherever they can be in the school, not only the Robotics Program. I would really love to see the size of the school grow, however. Relatively, Clark Magnet is a small school, and it would really benefit from seeing new buildings around the campus.
Four years in Clark has taught me how to be organized and responsible. They provide great resources for students to advance their learning, especially in regards to technology. Its block system and senior project encourage time management and responsibility.
I enjoyed my four years at Clark Magnet High School. I liked how the school was small and the teachers were caring. This school has an emphasis on science and technology, so it offers a variety of classes.
Sometimes not cheerful, but still a great school. You learn a lot from it, except teachers do not really teach.
Being a student at Clark Magnet High School is definitely a challenge. The teachers and administration heavily emphasize our academics with rigorous courses. The students have to follow a very strict dress standard so that the students look professional going to school. Clark also applies heavy emphasis on science and technology. Personally, I am not interested in science and technology; however, I do appreciate that the classes are taught in a challenging and rigorous manner, preparing us for college. The dress standard, however, doesn't sit well with me because, living in Southern California, it is difficult to evade the heat as wearing short shorts and thin blouses are not permissible. Another aspect of my high school that bothers me is how there is absolutely no school spirit. Since our school doesn't have any sports teams, we rely on our clubs to brighten our experience. In conclusion, Clark may have its drawbacks, but it definitely has strong academics.
I love Clark, it's a great school for engineering pathways, and the teachers are there to help with anything you need.
Clark Magnet High School is not the average high school experience. There are no sports or after school activities. Despite all of this, there are amazing teachers and classes that will prepare anyone for college. This school is difficult because there are 7 classes taken rather than 6. Balancing all these classes could be difficult but it is easy to get through as long as time and effort are always put in. The bathroom is constantly clean and I really appreciate little factors like this. The food is also pretty amazing for a high school.
The teachers are very engaging. They help us use new technology and incorporate it into their teaching styles. I find all my teachers to be friendly and approachable. They are always willing to help me when I need it.
I love this school! There is a wide variety of clubs and unique ones at that. Clubs where you can self study AP Psychology and Forensic sciences and this school also has a strong Mock Trial Team. Athletes play for their home schools so Clark doesn't have any sports teams of its own but there are a number of other teams instead. The idea of Enrichment is also a very good one.
As it is in all high schools, there are good and not-so-good teachers. At Clark, there are wonderful and outstanding instructors and then there are the ones that you don't like. But, it should be noticed that all these teachers are well-educated and have a strong basis on their subject and most teachers give engaging lessons. The concepts are crystal clear and the teachers have an appropriate sense of humour. In all, I would give a 9.5 for Clark staff.
Glendale has a large Armenian population. About 87% of the school are Armenians. Usually these Armenians come from a strict family whose ambition is to pursue a goal using path of educational implications. So they would like their students to attend a reputable school like Clark. So that is why the school is nearly all Armenians, but there are other diverse groups like Arabics, Persians, LGBT people, Russians, Koreans, and Hispanics.
The school is located in a upper-middle class neighborhood where is it safe for most of the time. The police are very responsive to any threats and events that may occur which also goes along with the fire department. The health office is ready to help students, but does only two beds which impact on how effective they can be. Regardless the school is excellent at health keeping and making the campus and the surrounding areas safe.
Start Your Review of Anderson W. Clark Magnet High School
Since students at this school take and the bus and live relatively far, after school programs are essentially non-exsistent. Clubs however, find the time to meet during snack and lunch breaks and often times find ways to have progressive meeting thats accomplish something.
The teachers at this school are highley educated and have the necessary credentials to teach in a public school enviroment. What the district lacks is the ability to implede teachers who can bridge what they have learned at their universities on teaching into the classrooms. They simplely rely on the educational system to teach, and often times don't have a realistic approach to conceptulizing real world examples which after all, thats where we are headed right?
Its bad how the extracurriculars are at enrichment which is unavailable to me as I have been inFootball for my whole high school