Anderson-Shiro Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Anderson, TX. It has 461 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
1345 Fm 149 W
Anderson, TX 77830
Anderson-Shiro Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B40 Students
- A+38 Students
- C-25 Students
- A+19 Students
- A15 Students
- A-15 Students
- B12 Students
- A-12 Students
- A-11 Students
- B9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Anderson-Shiro Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I have attended school in the Anderson-Shiro school district since the 4th grade. The atmosphere of the school is very friendly and supportive. Teachers are always willing to give time to help you with work or simply just talk. Administrators do a wonderful job of making the school have a sense of welcoming and security. While walking in the school hallways, you recognize every face because Anderson-Shiro is such a small school. I do wish that it was a larger school so there could be more opportunities available both extracurricular and academic wise. Right now the school only offers honors and level classes, however I wish that they offered AP courses to be more prepared for college.
I love Anderson-Shiro, it is the perfect size for me. I know practically everyone in the school, I've able to play 3 varsity sports since my freshman year, and I've been able to start the U.I.L Film festival team at my school. Along with being class president my freshman and sophomore year. The factually is really supporting! There is a custodian we have named Mrs.Brenda and everytime I see her she has this really big smile on her face and it always makes me smile and brightens my day. I could write an entire book about how much Anderson-Shiro has done for me.
The teachers at Anderson really do care! They want their students to succeed in classroom and in life. Many of my teachers try to give us life lessons in the classroom. My math teacher even let's me put up a quote of the day in her class. Overall the teachers are loving, caring, and kinda.