Anderson High School Reviews

Anderson is a great high school, every staff member goes out of their way to make sure that your experience is enjoyable and productive. The size of the school is perfect, not to big not to small, and their are so many different options for different types and levels or classes. I would never go to any other school than Anderson. I would say that the facilities need a little bit of help though, air conditioning is being added, and even after the renovations, you can still clearly tell the building is from 1961. But the staff does a great job of working with the building and the custodians always make sure the school is nice and clean (clean enough to see your reflection).
It's a great school with excellent academics and is known for its friendly environment. The teachers were fantastic and provided lots of help towards any student.
I absolutely love my high school; I realize this is not a normal statement to be said by a junior in high school but I have amazing teachers, various academic and athletic opportunities as well as a principal who knows every student by name. The environment at my school is incredible with programs like Link Crew -a program that helps freshman get settled into high school- and the soon to be added Hero Squad -a program where chosen students help out other people in need-. We have immense school pride and try to represent Anderson every where we go. The one thing I would change about my school is adding flooring and ceilings as we have been under construction for almost three-years now. Other than the physical look of Anderson it is an amazing place to be.
Start Your Review of Anderson High School
Overall, it's a decent school. Some good teachers. Some administration too worried about their own political agenda that none of the students could have much fun.
I think that Anderson High School has a good general reputation, with most of the student body and staff being kind and caring. Our principals are very involved and always strive to be inclusive. I have enjoyed my time here and think it is a great environment for learning. There are a few improvements that could be made, which include renovating the building (it is not complete and very old) and checking teacher's capabilities more often.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Anderson High School. Being a theatre person, Anderson has met my every need in terms of opportunity and relationships.
Such a nice environment filled with very helpful and caring staff. Every single teacher/staff member cares about each student in the building. Its a very positive environment all of the students are vert caring, and nice kids. Also there are lots of clubs to join outside of school time such as art club, photography club, and etc. Only thing that was stressful was that some of the class rooms weren't completely finished due to issues with construction, specifically in my art class there was a big wall and it was very small compared to the class room I had the year before. Im sure they will get around to completing the school eventually though.
Anderson High School prepares you for college and in welcoming to all students. Although not a very diverse school, Anderson still makes sure that their students are aware of the changing work around them.
I liked all the academic opportunities. They are many different Advanced Placement classes students can take. There are classes for all student interests. Something I would like to see change would be the resources given to students to help them build their future and be prepared for college. I don't think there is much diversity within the school. That would be an amazing change and promote more equality within the school and giving everyone the same chances would be a great change. I would also like to see a change when it comes to struggling students. I don't think there are many successful resources for struggling students and helping them get better and become more successful in their academic career. This list of changes would help improve the quality of the school and the lives of the students.
I like the size of the school because everyone knows everybody without it being too small. I also like the amount of learning opportunities students have. There is limited diversity however. As far as the teachers at Anderson High School I think there are lots go amazing teachers and some just alright teachers.
Anderson is a very welcoming high school with an amazing faculty and staff that believes in supporting all students regardless of financial or racial background. There are many programs throughout the school that are open to all students and have a mission of bringing the whole school together.
The culture at Anderson High school is simply unique compared to the other high schools in my area. I was fortunate to play varsity soccer for my school and it was the one of the best decisions I have ever made. Having support from not only my parents, but also my classmates, teachers, and administrators was a feeling I will never forget. The athletic director is constantly tweeting about each athlete's success in competing in their sport. The administrators promote our students to attend the sporting events because they believe it is a positive environment to support our students. Not only do they support us through athletics, but they also genuinely care about each individual. Every administrator can identify me by name and goes out of their way to start a conversation with the students. Each teacher strives to see their students succeed and I am fortunate to have attended a high school as wonderful as Anderson.
It is a good high school, there are great teachers and faculty members that want you to succeed and they really care about you.
Although the first few years were rough, as they go by you begin to realize how much the school actually means to you. Anderson overall has helped me gain many friends as well as adult advisors who I can actually trust and rely on.
Anderson High School is a great place and a great source of community. Your teachers really care. The staff is great and it is open to helping everyone out. This school really prepares you for college and the real world.
I really enjoy attending Anderson High School. I think overall the staff and students are very friendly and kind to each other, making a welcoming environment to be in. One thing I would like to see get better is the way that the school prepares students for college. I feel like there could be more guidance given in that category, however, big picture the school is an excellent school.
Anderson is currently under construction, but most of my senior year we didn't have ceilings or flooring. Hopefully the renovations will be completed before my little brother has to go through all that distraction.

The counselors are terrible so it's up to the student to investigate universities and scholarship opportunities. There are some great teachers but you have to weed through some real doozies to find the gems.
Start Your Review of Anderson High School
Anderson High School definitely goes above and beyond most public schools. The administration is truly committed to its students, and the teachers generally follow suit. When I hear about horror stories at other high schools, I feel lucky to attend Anderson, and I hope that my children attend a school of this caliber one day in the future.
Anderson is a great high school in a great community. Teachers are all very caring and fun to be around, and most are good educators as well. The building is older and without air conditioning, so the facilities are not top notch but definitely good enough for a solid education.
Also, Anderson is currently under major renovations including a new main entrance, science wing, air conditioning, weight room, and more. Once the renovations are all done, I'm confident Anderson will certainly be one of the best high schools around.
I liked how there was something for everyone to be involved in and everyone could fit in. But I think the attitude of the school can be greatly improved.