Anderson High School is a highly rated, public school located in Cincinnati, OH. It has 1,180 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Anderson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-263 Students
- A+153 Students
- A109 Students
- A-109 Students
- B84 Students
- B+66 Students
- A57 Students
- A-54 Students
- B38 Students
- A+33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Schools like Anderson High School
- A+Turpin High School
- Forest Hills Local School District, OH
- 264 reviews
- A+Beechwood High School
- Beechwood Independent Schools, KY
- 72 reviews
- ALoveland High School
- Loveland City School District, OH
- 207 reviews
- A-Milford Senior High School
- Milford Exempted Village School District, OH
- 237 reviews
Anderson High School Reviews
I love Anderson High School. The teachers are kind, caring people who want the best for every student. The amount of love the teachers show for the students is astonishing! The faculty will go out of their way everyday in order to ensure the learning, safety, and general wellbeing of the students. The Orange Heart program is unique and allows students to have private one on one conversations with their teachers about any topic. The link crew helps incoming freshman become aware of the events and opportunities that Anderson has. One thing I would change is the buildings structure. The school is old and with a few upgrades could enhance the learning even more!
Anderson is a great high school, every staff member goes out of their way to make sure that your experience is enjoyable and productive. The size of the school is perfect, not to big not to small, and their are so many different options for different types and levels or classes. I would never go to any other school than Anderson. I would say that the facilities need a little bit of help though, air conditioning is being added, and even after the renovations, you can still clearly tell the building is from 1961. But the staff does a great job of working with the building and the custodians always make sure the school is nice and clean (clean enough to see your reflection).
I have generally enjoyed my experience at Anderson. There is definitely a group and an activity for everyone, and most of the teachers are helpful. The facilities, however, are quite awful, although the school is currently being renovated. Sports are very fun, regardless of how well the teams do (it tends to fluctuate as to whether or not we are good). There are countless ways to get involved!