Anderson High School is a highly rated, public school located in Cincinnati, OH. It has 1,180 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Anderson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-279 Students
- A+163 Students
- A-120 Students
- A118 Students
- B90 Students
- B+74 Students
- A62 Students
- A-58 Students
- B41 Students
- A+35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Schools like Anderson High School
- A+Turpin High School
- Forest Hills Local School District, OH
- 269 reviews
- A+Beechwood High School
- Beechwood Independent Schools, KY
- 73 reviews
- ALoveland High School
- Loveland City School District, OH
- 210 reviews
- A-Milford Senior High School
- Milford Exempted Village School District, OH
- 239 reviews
Anderson High School Reviews
I love Anderson High School. The teachers are kind, caring people who want the best for every student. The amount of love the teachers show for the students is astonishing! The faculty will go out of their way everyday in order to ensure the learning, safety, and general wellbeing of the students. The Orange Heart program is unique and allows students to have private one on one conversations with their teachers about any topic. The link crew helps incoming freshman become aware of the events and opportunities that Anderson has. One thing I would change is the buildings structure. The school is old and with a few upgrades could enhance the learning even more!
Anderson High School is an excellent college prep school. The teachers and administration are very concerned with students' success and are very proud of the school. The school offers many AP and Honors classes as well as Teacher's Academy, DECA and FBLA. The music and theater departments are top notch. There are many sports teams and clubs offered so that there are extra curricular activities for every student. There is tremendous parent involvement in PTO, Sports Boosters and individual teams and organizations.
My 4 years at Anderson have been pretty good overall. My time with the various band was very enjoyable and the atmosphere at football games is fun. Some teachers are lacking in their ability to prepare students for tests, but others do very well. My counselor was not the most helpful, and I do not feel like she is making the college application process any easier. The school only recently got AC, and it is still a bit faulty. All four years that I have gone here, there has been constant construction. With this construction, the school was very dirty. Overall, I enjoyed my time at Anderson High School.