Anderson High School is a highly rated, public school located in Cincinnati, OH. It has 1,180 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Anderson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-252 Students
- A+139 Students
- A-106 Students
- A103 Students
- B-78 Students
- A-62 Students
- A54 Students
- A-50 Students
- B+35 Students
- B30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Anderson High School
- A+Turpin High School
- Forest Hills Local School District, OH
- 259 reviews
- A+Beechwood High School
- Beechwood Independent Schools, KY
- 72 reviews
- ALoveland High School
- Loveland City School District, OH
- 205 reviews
- A-Milford Senior High School
- Milford Exempted Village School District, OH
- 233 reviews
Anderson High School Reviews
I love Anderson High School. The teachers are kind, caring people who want the best for every student. The amount of love the teachers show for the students is astonishing! The faculty will go out of their way everyday in order to ensure the learning, safety, and general wellbeing of the students. The Orange Heart program is unique and allows students to have private one on one conversations with their teachers about any topic. The link crew helps incoming freshman become aware of the events and opportunities that Anderson has. One thing I would change is the buildings structure. The school is old and with a few upgrades could enhance the learning even more!
I have generally enjoyed my experience at Anderson. There is definitely a group and an activity for everyone, and most of the teachers are helpful. The facilities, however, are quite awful, although the school is currently being renovated. Sports are very fun, regardless of how well the teams do (it tends to fluctuate as to whether or not we are good). There are countless ways to get involved!
I absolutely love my high school; I realize this is not a normal statement to be said by a junior in high school but I have amazing teachers, various academic and athletic opportunities as well as a principal who knows every student by name. The environment at my school is incredible with programs like Link Crew -a program that helps freshman get settled into high school- and the soon to be added Hero Squad -a program where chosen students help out other people in need-. We have immense school pride and try to represent Anderson every where we go. The one thing I would change about my school is adding flooring and ceilings as we have been under construction for almost three-years now. Other than the physical look of Anderson it is an amazing place to be.