Anderson High School Reviews

The teachers their were great and very involved. I had a connection with all of my teachers and they care about helping their students succeed in the future. It’s not only about academics for them, they also care about your life after school and how they can help you to accomplish your dreams. They work to push you in ways you cannot imagine.
I'm currently a senior at Anderson High School and overall I've enjoyed my time at Anderson. I started attending Anderson at the beginning of my sophomore year, and though being a new student was difficult at times, everyone was welcoming. I'm in the International Baccalaureate program, and I would definitely recommend it. For the most part, the teachers in the International Baccalaureate program are very good and the workload is manageable.
Anderson High School is very well rounded, here there is a place for everyone. Anderson High School offers a very wide variety of classes and clubs, from athletes, to music and art, to STEM. It’s very easy to find classes that fit your interests.
Start Your Review of Anderson High School
The curriculum is rigorous and prepares students for college, however it is very competitive and many students experience burn out and feel over worked.
The learning environment is mostly student friendly, but I want more diversity, still a little lacking. Food is amazing, but not daily, the option to eat outside is possible. It is resourceful, especially in Robotics. I considered the school is safety but sometimes the restrict is uncomfortable. But sacrifice some freedom for the safety of other is worth it.
Good school, competitive enough academically but nothing crazy. Teachers range from awesome to horrible, but more good than bad
The school is pretty good; it helps me prepare for college very much and the environment is friendly, too. The school's reputation is superior in Austin Independent School District. The only concern is that a few groups of students couldn't behave well enough and that last semester, there were a few incidents.
Anderson has really great teachers who care about their students success. There are AP and IB courses offered at the school.
An element of the school that is good are that many of the teachers are really invested in students learning and ensuring a good high school experience. On the other hand, some teachers don’t put in enough effort to help their students through their high school years. The school also has poor policies that don’t help any of the students of faculty, only making a harsher high school experience.
I am a senior at Anderson, and for the most part love it. I am part of the IB (International Baccalaureate) program, which has allowed me to work with awesome teachers and staff. I've only had one bad experience with a teacher, freshman year, and now she no longer works at Anderson. All of the faculty and staff are very kind and accommodating. As far as my peer go, there is your usual high school mix-- some really nice kids and some really not-so-nice kids... Could use some work on school spirit and administration and handling of unfortunate events.
I was on the basketball team, volleyball team, and the track team. I loved every bit of Anderson. great on academics, not as much on sports. They push the students to be there very best that they can be to do great!
Teacher are great but the school itself could you some improvements. There are also a great deal of students which is tricky at some times.
I enjoyed Anderson High School. The high-quality education, attentive teachers, and free-spirited atmosphere positively affected my personal growth. The only aspect of the school that should change is the amount of diversity.
The theatre program at Anderson High School prepared me well for college. Many of my classes helped me to feel at ease and again, prepared for college classes.
What I like about Anderson High School is that you can openly talk to your teachers about what is going on with you and can also work on school work you dont understand.
What I liked about Anderson High School are the many opportunities given and how involved and dedicated the teachers are to not only teaching the curriculum, but also to knowing the students and learning how to teach them in the best way possible. What I would like to see change is the AMOUNT of curriculum because it's quite demanding, the amount of time we spend sitting in a class room since most students don't get home until about 5 pm, and I'd like to see the school be more honest with it's students and staff about real life situations rather than sugar coating the truth like they have done this year.
I personally really enjoyed my time at Anderson and believed that my teachers really cared for me. Now with that said students at Anderson are very separated from the beginning of their time here. There is a clear separation between the groups and not a lot of school spirit.
Start Your Review of Anderson High School
It's a great school, the teachers are easy to get along and if they care and you put in effort they'll push you.
What I liked about Anderson was few teachers, mostly my math and social studies ones. However, most of the staff needs to be talked to or fired and I wish there was a way for students to properly voice their opinion on this issue and truly be heard because there are specific teachers who are not doing their job, science teachers who are offensive towards religion, teachers who are racist, and teachers who don't do anything about disruptive behavior because they are "too lazy to file a referral," to quote one of my former teachers.
What I liked about attending Anderson are the academics and the sports teams. What I feel that Anderson needs to work on, is the diversity among the students in classes.