Anderson High School is a public school located in Anderson, IN. It has 1,852 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Anderson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+218 Students
- A143 Students
- A+122 Students
- B-113 Students
- B-64 Students
- A55 Students
- C+46 Students
- B42 Students
- NG42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Anderson High School
- C+Elwood Junior-Senior High School
- Elwood Community School Corporation, IN
- 44 reviews
- C+Frankton Junior/Senior High School
- Frankton-Lapel Community Schools, IN
- 72 reviews
- C+Cowan High School
- Cowan Community School Corporation, IN
- 22 reviews
- C+Daleville Junior/Senior High School
- Daleville Community Schools, IN
- 31 reviews
Anderson High School Reviews
I’ve had a very wild experience at Anderson High School. There’s been a few years where there were many fights. You rarely see any bullying, which is a good thing. The athletics change every year because either the coaching or the athletes just aren’t as involved as they should be, as far as their skill level. The staff and administrators are extremely strict and the school spirit/culture is definitely there. We’ve wasted money on flat screen TVs for the hallway that nobody really looks at, and a $50,000 digital sign for the front of our school. We could’ve used that money for a new track outside, or even better cafeteria food. I sure wish we had chicken strips, fries, cups of cheese, and regular chips instead of all the wheat/healthy foods. People can choose to eat healthy or not. There may be days people might want to cheat on their diet, nobody wants to eat healthy all day everyday.
I love my school; however, there are just some aspects that make it less than amazing. The school’s resources are virtually nonexistent and the facilities are not in the best shape. Most classrooms are overcrowded, but teachers work hard to make sure every child is working with the material and trying to understand it. It’s a great school with great spirit and great traditions that have been passed on for generations.
I loved some of the teachers! They helped me learn well, as well as the extra help they offered. They made sure we were on track to graduate, and kept pushing and motivating us.