Anderson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+183 Students
- A130 Students
- A+102 Students
- B-92 Students
- B-53 Students
- A46 Students
- C+42 Students
- B34 Students
- B33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Anderson High School
- C+Elwood Junior-Senior High School
- Elwood Community School Corporation, IN
- 43 reviews
- C+Frankton Junior/Senior High School
- Frankton-Lapel Community Schools, IN
- 69 reviews
- C+Cowan High School
- Cowan Community School Corporation, IN
- 19 reviews
- C+Daleville Junior/Senior High School
- Daleville Community Schools, IN
- 31 reviews
Anderson High School Reviews
Anderson High School is a good school, a lot as changed since I graduated from there. When I graduated from Anderson high school the school was in transition in changing the name from Madison height pirates to Anderson high school. I feel like the transition took a toll on the faculty and the students and it took a while for things to adjust.
Anderson High School has some cool teachers and it is not a super huge school so it easy to learn your way around. We need better food though, the food is not that good. We have a decent amount of after school activities so it is not super difficult to find a club you might like. We also have a decent amount of dual credit classes and career course classes for people to take.
The teachers who teach honors classes were pretty good, but everyone else was mediocre at best. It was okay for me only because I had mostly honors classes and so the material taught was much better even though it was still very easy to me. They only showed respect to the honors students anyways, but the regular students were respected much less. The rest of the teachers really didn't help much outside of class.