Anderson County Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Garnett, KS. It has 469 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 33% in reading.
Anderson County Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A39 Students
- A32 Students
- B+30 Students
- B+22 Students
- B-16 Students
- B16 Students
- B16 Students
- B-15 Students
- B13 Students
- B+11 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Anderson County Junior/Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Anderson County Junior/Senior High School Reviews
ACHS is a small town, small community school. It's great for farmers because we have a great FFA organization. Many of our sports teams go to state and we often come home with state titles. The teachers and staff are super kind and teach you more than academics, they teach you how to deal with hardships and problems of life. I recommend this school because of the small class sizes and high graduation rates.
Anderson County has a great athletics program with great coaches! They also have a great, caring staff.
Some parents think that their kids can do no wrong. When they actually get in trouble at school, they come in to yell at the adminstrators and not their kids, who were the whole source of the problem. We don't have much support at extracurricular activities. It is not rare for a basketball game to have less than thirty fans in attendance. I do believe that parents in our school genuinely care about their children.