Anderson County High School Reviews

I liked that there was a lot of student involvement at Anderson County. The teachers also wanted to be involved in student activities and clubs. One area of improvement would be class level, going in to college I did not really feel like I was that prepared. A lot of that comes from the fact that this is rural area and most kids do not go to college, but chose to do a trade school or just go straight into the workforce.
ACHS has the greatest staff in the state. Not only do the teachers and administrators give us the tools and means to learn, but they also push us to get involved with clubs and encourage us to become college-ready. The ACT is pushed hard at my school, and my Senior Class of 2018 will have more college-ready students than any other graduating class in the history of my high school, all thanks to the staff.
I have loved my time at Anderson County. I wouldn’t change it for anything in the world. I love being involved in activities there including football.
Start Your Review of Anderson County High School
I love that there is an onsite technical school that offers courses through academic programs of study (such as STEM). Working with the Engineering program has allowed me to be exposed to the industry and get hands on experience, internship opportunities and exposure to things I would have otherwise only read about. I also love the AP course offerings as the instructors have been amazing in those classes with my experience so far.
Personally, I do not like this school. High school isn't the right place for me. I don't enjoy being in the environment; not because of the staff and the school itself, but because of other students.
Anderson County High School has proved to be a wonderful school, especially for integrating the Middle College program into my life associated with Roane State Community College. This program created a brand new time in my life and introduced me to so many positive things in my junior and senior years. Overall, I would not recommend any other high school in my state than the one I have so luckily attended!
I have gotten through school to say the least and I enjoy what can be enjoyed of going to school.
Most teachers are pretty good at their job and can help me with anything I need.
Great clubs during school. Few other than sports after. However, have clubs scheduled during school to make it available for students
Have had some great teaches, few not so great
Always contacted by full time nurse if child is sick. Very professional
So far so good. Most of my daughters teachers are great. However, my daughter has ADD and I believe that teachers need to teach with respect to ALL different types of learning. Not all students can learn the same way. I do have to say that we have a EXCELLENT program to educate students on preparing for the future and college. It is very helpful to parents and students.
I love my school and I wouldn't change a single thing.
I ate in the cafeteria once my freshman year and I haven't ate in there since.
The administration is very prominent in delivering punishments.
Everyone shows up to support the mavericks in their wins!
Any teacher will go out of their way to help.
Start Your Review of Anderson County High School
Each club has it's own attendance policy. The club I am in, if you miss too many meetings, you're out.
Student involvement is taken very seriously, and whatever challenges you face are up to you.
99% of the teachers you meet are helpful and very reliable. You get to select the classes you want when you make your schedule, and there's no guarantee that you will get all of those classes. Your workload depends on you and your capabilities to keep up in class.