Anderson County High School is an above average, public school located in Clinton, TN. It has 1,124 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 80% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Anderson County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-93 Students
- B65 Students
- C+50 Students
- B48 Students
- B45 Students
- B+34 Students
- B-31 Students
- A+26 Students
- B-24 Students
- B21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Anderson County High School Reviews
I’m a huge believer in this school. For a rural community, kids are very involved. ACT is a huge focus and scores are rising. AC makes every student take the ACT not just their best students to pump their scores. AP classes are growing. I loved Mr. Bolton’s classes and his coffee. Watson was a great French teacher. Coach Wallace was very hard but he kept it fun. Mr. Chambers & Mr. Hall made you look forward to school. I really felt prepared for college. Mavs for Life!
My experience at anderson county high school is amazing. Their academics have always been amazing, and the administrators have always been understanding. They have never punished the whole group for something one person did, and the punishment was never extraordinary for the occasion. The teachers are amazing, and they are very knowledgeable and passionate about what they do. Everything about this school shows the dedication and passion to better the students.
I absolutely love ACHS. I am a freshman and have been a straight-A student for my whole life. I am taking Geometry Honors, Criminal Justice I, NJROTC, Engineering and Design this semester and Digital Arts, Biology Honors, Spanish I, and English Honors next semester. So far my mind is blown by how much there is to do at school. Even though I have never made a grade lower than an A, I have never really enjoyed school. Now I am highly interested in everything that goes on. I love ACHS and I highly recommend it to everyone.