Anderson County High School is an above average, public school located in Clinton, TN. It has 1,124 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 80% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Anderson County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-81 Students
- B-59 Students
- C+48 Students
- B41 Students
- B40 Students
- B-31 Students
- C+28 Students
- A+24 Students
- C+20 Students
- B-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Anderson County High School Reviews
I’m a huge believer in this school. For a rural community, kids are very involved. ACT is a huge focus and scores are rising. AC makes every student take the ACT not just their best students to pump their scores. AP classes are growing. I loved Mr. Bolton’s classes and his coffee. Watson was a great French teacher. Coach Wallace was very hard but he kept it fun. Mr. Chambers & Mr. Hall made you look forward to school. I really felt prepared for college. Mavs for Life!
I really enjoy the skills I've learned here. I've made lots of friends and really connected with my teachers. They care about you and prepare me for life beyond by not making things easy. Plus. Since the school shares a campus with Anderson County Career and Technical Center you not only can go to Academic school you can also learn trades in the shop or things such as video production, engineering, criminal justice, and culinary.
Anderson County High School has proved to be a wonderful school, especially for integrating the Middle College program into my life associated with Roane State Community College. This program created a brand new time in my life and introduced me to so many positive things in my junior and senior years. Overall, I would not recommend any other high school in my state than the one I have so luckily attended!