Andale High School is an above average, public school located in Andale, KS. It has 431 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Andale High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A108 Students
- B-108 Students
- A58 Students
- B40 Students
- B31 Students
- B+30 Students
- B29 Students
- B+29 Students
- B17 Students
- B-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Andale High School
- B-Garden Plain High School
- Renwick Unified School District, KS
- 54 reviews
- BCheney High School
- Cheney Unified School District, KS
- 64 reviews
- A-Maize South High School
- Maize Unified School District, KS
- 254 reviews
- B+Valley Center High School
- Valley Center Public Schools, KS
- 109 reviews
Andale High School Reviews
As a senior of Andale High School I have taken many classes. In fact I'm right now currently taking their internship program. In this class I learn the many different scenarios that can happen at an internship and how to prepare yourself for them. Teaching students how to pay bills, do taxes, write a check, basic life skills, and so much more. They work with many different community colleges and a trade school that juniors and seniors can apply to. The few cons I have with this school is the lack of diversity in race or religion. Which isn't in itself a bad thing it just that the majority of the school is white while their is very little African American, Mexicans, Hispanics, etc. Even though religion isn't a popular topic at school it is known that the majority are catholic. Which make sharing different religious views more difficult. The food is average and can be odd at times even though they are doing their best to maintain a healthy lunch menu
Andale High offers students various opportunities. They provide not only core classes, but also classes on finances and home economics. Andale also offers its students dual credit options through both Hutchinson Community College and Newman University. If the classes are not dual credit, seniors, and occasionally juniors are given permission to take online courses through Hutchinson Community College, which is very beneficial to students who want to get started on their college degree.
Andale High School has been monumental in assisting me in my college readiness. I participate in the Internship Program and intern in Downtown Wichita at a local website design firm, Cassandra Bryan Design. I also intern at a Dermatology Clinic located in Hutchinson, Kansas. Without this program, I would have no idea or inkling on the specific major or school I would like to pursue. I also will graduate with 30 college credit hours and be able to transfer them to the college I attend in Fall 2018. Being able to knock out those dual-credit courses will save me tremendous amounts of money and prepare me for the rigorous coursework that college will bring.