Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Andale High School is an above average, public school located in Andale, KS. It has 389 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Andale High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A140 Students
- grade B minus139 Students
- grade A minus70 Students
- grade B55 Students
- grade B45 Students
- grade B44 Students
- grade B38 Students
- grade B+37 Students
- grade B minus21 Students
- grade B17 Students
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 44 responses
- Powder Puff27%
- Homecoming Week18%
- Buff Puff9%
- Rep Rallys9%
- Basketball Games7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,649 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 23 responses
Schools like Andale High School
- grade BGarden Plain High School
- Renwick Unified School District, KS
- Rating 3.68 out of 5 57 reviews
- grade BCheney High School
- Cheney Unified School District, KS
- Rating 4.03 out of 5 75 reviews
- grade A minusMaize South High School
- Maize Unified School District, KS
- Rating 4.11 out of 5 280 reviews
- grade B+Valley Center High School
- Valley Center Public Schools, KS
- Rating 3.86 out of 5 119 reviews
Andale High School Reviews
Rating 4.07 out of 5 151 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Andale High School is a close knit community. Everyone comes together and roots each other on. We excel very well in all of our sports and we have amazing parents that support all of us. We have the best coaches and teachers. They all care about us like family. They want to see us succeed in life and want us to do well. Mrs. Shack, our principal, is the best of them all. She really cares about each and every one of the kids. She loves talking to all of us and makes sure we are having a great day. She constantly does fun things for us students and makes high school fun.
The past three years I have been doing everything I can to better myself in seeking my future goals. I have been taking the class I need in my high school career and by doing that I now get to graduate in December, 2020. However, I still plan to walk with my other classmates in May of 2021. I have run into challenges, but I overall have overcome them and not let them get the best of me. One of the strategies that has helped me is being in FFA for the last 3 years. This organization has been my foundation for success because it gives me potential for leadership and personal growth each day. Back when I was in middle school I lived with my biological mom and did very poorly in school because I simply just did not care. Starting freshman year, I lived with my dad and my step mom, which included attending a new school. It was challenging, and I hated being the new kid. But putting myself out there and getting involved helped me my and made it a lot easier on me.
Throught my three years of high school, I have built many strong relationships with the teachers, staff, and fellow students here at AHS. I enjoy the participating in several of the many clubs we offer such as STUCCO, FCA, and SADD. I think my school is very good at preparing us for life after high school by informing us on post-secondary options, and providing classes about managing finances and adulthood. Overall, I think my school is a very good environment for teens to learn and discover who they are now and who they wish to become in the near future.