Andale High School is an above average, public school located in Andale, KS. It has 413 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Andale High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-113 Students
- A-112 Students
- A-61 Students
- B+41 Students
- B32 Students
- B30 Students
- B30 Students
- B+30 Students
- B-17 Students
- C+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Andale High School
- BGarden Plain High School
- Renwick Unified School District, KS
- 55 reviews
- B+Cheney High School
- Cheney Unified School District, KS
- 69 reviews
- A-Maize South High School
- Maize Unified School District, KS
- 263 reviews
- B+Valley Center High School
- Valley Center Public Schools, KS
- 112 reviews
Andale High School Reviews
Throught my three years of high school, I have built many strong relationships with the teachers, staff, and fellow students here at AHS. I enjoy the participating in several of the many clubs we offer such as STUCCO, FCA, and SADD. I think my school is very good at preparing us for life after high school by informing us on post-secondary options, and providing classes about managing finances and adulthood. Overall, I think my school is a very good environment for teens to learn and discover who they are now and who they wish to become in the near future.
As a senior of Andale High School I have taken many classes. In fact I'm right now currently taking their internship program. In this class I learn the many different scenarios that can happen at an internship and how to prepare yourself for them. Teaching students how to pay bills, do taxes, write a check, basic life skills, and so much more. They work with many different community colleges and a trade school that juniors and seniors can apply to. The few cons I have with this school is the lack of diversity in race or religion. Which isn't in itself a bad thing it just that the majority of the school is white while their is very little African American, Mexicans, Hispanics, etc. Even though religion isn't a popular topic at school it is known that the majority are catholic. Which make sharing different religious views more difficult. The food is average and can be odd at times even though they are doing their best to maintain a healthy lunch menu
I like that Andale is a smaller school. Everyone knows everyone else. The classes are also smaller in size which allows the teachers to really help out and provide before or after class help. The teachers are really excellent at Andale. I also enjoy the amount of college classes offered. And because Andale is a small school, there is a small town that comes along with it. This small town and the people in it tend to not be as inviting to outsiders or as open to new ideas. Andale also tends to focus more on our outstanding sports than on academics on occasion. This is annoying at times, but hearing about the success of the school is always rewarding. Overall, Andale is an enjoyable high school to attend. It does have its flaws like everything else, but that's life.