Anclote High School Reviews

When people from my county hear Anclotes name, there is usually a negative connotation. When I hear Anclote, I think of home. At the end of my sophomore year, I moved 45 minutes away and had to switch schools. I knew people at my new school but it didn't feel right. At the end of the year, all summer, I begged my mom to move back to Anclote. I mean, I drove, so why not? I wanted to graduate with the people I grew up with. At Anclote, we were all like family. Everyone knew everyone and everyone was friends. I can walk through the hall and see people not from my friend group and hold a conversation like they were apart of my clique. I love Anclote no only because of the academics and great teachers, but because it was like my second home.
The administration is terrible, they don't handle situations correctly and either underestimate a situation and let someone get away with something or overestimate it and blow things out of proportion. The teachers are great and I've never seen a situation with them and I've never had a problem with them.
I mostly like everything about Anclote. The only thing I could complain about in the little time I've been there is some of the students. Some of them don't seem to want to care about their education and disrupt lessons, ruining the learning for some of us.
Start Your Review of Anclote High School
Anclote High School was my first and only foray into the public school system, and it was alright. I enjoyed individual people more than the school as a whole; it suffered from lack of information and the inability of administration to get their act together. However, to my knowledge, that is the failing of the public school system in general.
I recently moved to Florida from South Carolina, and starting a new school as a junior was the last thing I wanted to do. Here at Anclote they made me feel welcomed and as if I were one of their own.
Overall it is an alright school. It is fairly new so there is a lot to improve on, like implementing district and school polocies and rules.
I personally don't think it looks like a prison like other schools do. But the enforcement on dress code is sometimes selective. But I do like that we are permitted to wear a larger variety of clothes, such as hats, compared to other schools.
At Anclote there has been a large rotation of teachers and administrators not providing stability for the students. The one good thing is that Anclote has a very great and well known medical program which with completion of 4 years you can get a CNA license.
Good school, but located in a poor schooling district. Very limited funds for any sports or clubs, and not much school spirit from students or faculty.
Anclote High School is a great school for sports and academics. The teachers are great and love to challenge their students. My only change that I would like to see happen is involving dual enrollment students more. I was rarely contacted with event information, and I felt as if I was not part of Anclote as much as I should have been.
Most of the teachers truly love their jobs and are willing to help their students in any way they can in order for them to succeed. The administration is the best i've ever seen they are hands on with the students and are always their to encourage the kids instead of only discipline.
There is to many students that bully others and the teachers and administration does nothing about it
Anclote is overall an okay school. There aren't many clubs or activities for us students. Also, some of the teachers are not the best.
Anclote High School has amazing staff that are always there to support their students. Throughout my four years at this institution of learning, they have prepared me for my future and made me feel like I was somebody.
The school is overall an OK school. Some of the staff seem to be uneducated and therefore alot of students had trouble with standardized tests and graduation requirement. The administration was okay but an administration did get fired for having ate marijuana cookies back in 2016.
My experience was not that great. I had some great teachers and some horrible teachers. While I held a 4.0 GPA, most of my peers did not take education seriously. Most I feel will regret their choice later in life.
I loved my experience here. Great school. Only thing I would change is nothing. I really liked it. The campus is great and the people are so nice.
Start Your Review of Anclote High School
Anclote High School is a new school in our county that has an impressive arsenal of technoloy available to all students and staff. The teachers are hardworking and down to Earth with their students. Unfortunately, the school is unable to provide many college resources and support the students who are looking to excel in their college careers.
all the clubs and sports besides football are underfunded and are limited to what they can do
People here are not dedicated