Anchor Bay High School is an above average, public school located in Ira, MI. It has 1,956 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Anchor Bay High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A201 Students
- B195 Students
- B+186 Students
- B142 Students
- C+135 Students
- A+117 Students
- B+115 Students
- B+112 Students
- B68 Students
- B-67 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Anchor Bay High School
- BRichmond Community High School
- Richmond Community Schools, MI
- 101 reviews
- A-Henry Ford II High School
- Utica Community Schools, MI
- 214 reviews
- B+Lakeview High School
- Lakeview Public Schools (Macomb), MI
- 133 reviews
- BArmada High School
- Armada Area Schools, MI
- 172 reviews
Anchor Bay High School Reviews
Anchor Bay High School for the past 3 years has been a place where I have learned, grown, and developed myself as a student. I have learned how to time manage as well as the definition of hard work. The teachers have been supportive and have prepared for my future in college. Though the Honors Academy has been a work load I feel as if it has prepared me for my college course. I have created new friendships and established connections for myself. Anchor Bay High School has been a very important part of my life. I would not change my experience here because it has established myself of who I am as character.
Throughout my high school experienced at Anchor Bay High School, I've had experiences that I will remember for a lifetime. This high school is very big in size, with about 2,000 students enrolled! Because of this, there is so much to do and get involved in. One of my personal favorite extracurricular activities I was involved in was Careers in Education. This course offers the opportunity for students to become a teacher cadet for their desired teacher within the Anchor Bay School district for the school year. I enjoyed this because it gave me a chance to revisit my two past schools, Anchor Bay Middle School South and Lottie M. Schmidt Elementary, and work for the two teachers who've I've really appreciated all these years. I was able to visit their classroom throughout the week and help the teacher and their students, which further helped me see the work of teachers and their dedication to doing what they do on a daily basis. I developed a great role of leadership and an unforgettable bond with the younger students from the two schools. if I had the chance, of course I would re-live my high school days over again. High school is definitely the four best years of your life.
Anchor Bay High School adequately prepares students for continuing education through college and does a nice job pushing students to move on with their education. With programs such as college night or their career fair, it is evident that the school tries its best to encourage students to take the right path.