Anchor Bay High School is an above average, public school located in Ira, MI. It has 1,925 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Anchor Bay High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A255 Students
- B244 Students
- B+221 Students
- B178 Students
- A+154 Students
- B+153 Students
- C147 Students
- B+146 Students
- B-92 Students
- B82 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.50 responses
Schools like Anchor Bay High School
- B+Richmond Community High School
- Richmond Community Schools, MI
- 105 reviews
- A-Henry Ford II High School
- Utica Community Schools, MI
- 229 reviews
- BLakeview High School
- Lakeview Public Schools, MI
- 137 reviews
- BArmada High School
- Armada Area Schools, MI
- 175 reviews
Anchor Bay High School Reviews
I like the honors and AP teachers, the art teacher, and the computer science electives. I wish there was more encouragement to continue foreign language past the first two levels, or at least offer levels 3 and 4 online. I wish there were more specific art classes, like painting, ceramics, sculpture, drawing, etc., instead of just "advanced art." I also wish the senior only classes were actually in the senior hall so locker access will be easier. I do think there need to be more clubs that are more fun.
Anchor Bay is a great school so far. Most of the teachers are very caring towards the students and very good at teaching and making sure everyone understands. There is also a great sports program with great coaches. And the academics here are good. The helping for getting ready for college isn’t there too much, I think as students we could use all the help we can get and it is not all offered at anchor bay. Otherwise it is a great school with great staff and students.
Anchor Bay High School for the past 3 years has been a place where I have learned, grown, and developed myself as a student. I have learned how to time manage as well as the definition of hard work. The teachers have been supportive and have prepared for my future in college. Though the Honors Academy has been a work load I feel as if it has prepared me for my college course. I have created new friendships and established connections for myself. Anchor Bay High School has been a very important part of my life. I would not change my experience here because it has established myself of who I am as character.