Anamosa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-57 Students
- A57 Students
- B+45 Students
- A43 Students
- B21 Students
- A-13 Students
- B+12 Students
- B+11 Students
- B+11 Students
- B-9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Anamosa High School
- B+Monticello High School
- Monticello Community School District, IA
- 51 reviews
- BLisbon High School
- Lisbon Community School District, IA
- 19 reviews
- C+North Cedar Junior/Senior High School
- North Cedar Community School District, IA
- 22 reviews
- A-Mount Vernon High School
- Mount Vernon Community School District, IA
- 39 reviews
Anamosa High School Reviews
Too many scheduling conflicts with advanced classes, taking college classes for dual credits is impossible because the school is helping themselves and not the students who want to excel and is switching to no dual credits my senior year so my junior year I have to cram the majority of my remaining required classes, I already took two classes that were required last year that won't count for required because they changed it, and I took 1 1/2 years of P.E., that was a waste of my time because I didn't learn anything I'm moderately active, I'm healthy, and getting into better shape, and I do physical activities through the school, I was only allowed an academic waiver this 2nd semester of sophomore year. I am taking mostly Honors classes, the ones they offer, I'm a year ahead of average students in science, I'm in band and Choir which comes with required responsibilities and lesson during other classes, and my test scores are above average. I'm involved in many different extracurricular activities, not including church related activities, I am looking to work next year during school, starting this summer, I have to work my schedule around my family's schedule. I also have homework, projects,essays, etc. And if I want friends and not be stressed all the time and become depressed I need to be social around my stressful schedule.
Academics weren't that bad, however the amount of classes (and the diversity of class types/subjects) were cut these past few years. Standards-based grading also took a toll on student's ability to maintain good grades and manage time on studies well, as homework took up a majority of my after-school schedule.
All the students are dedicated to one or more activities available even if we aren't always the best, we try our hardest and will do any hinges for our teams, groups, close friends etc. We are willing to help fellow students/activities/groups more than certain teachers/staff/principal/vice principal are willing to support all groups, they favor certain people and activities, even if that activity supports their less favored activity.