Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Anamosa High School is a public school located in Anamosa, IA. It has 403 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Anamosa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A99 Students
- B-93 Students
- B+80 Students
- A73 Students
- B41 Students
- B+32 Students
- A-24 Students
- B21 Students
- A-20 Students
- B20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Anamosa High School
- B+Monticello High School
- Monticello Community School District, IA
- 60 reviews
- B-Lisbon High School
- Lisbon Community School District, IA
- 22 reviews
- C+North Cedar Junior/Senior High School
- North Cedar Community School District, IA
- 31 reviews
- A-Mount Vernon High School
- Mount Vernon Community School District, IA
- 51 reviews
Anamosa High School Reviews
I just graduated from Anamosa high School and looking back it was not as bad as I thought it was during those four long years. It's a small school, my graduating class was only 92 and with a small school usually comes bad quality. I would say it has good teachers that know their stuff but the district doesn't pay them enough so it's rare for anyone to stay for awhile. There are good classes and I do think there is adequate college preparation though
I was a high school transfer my sophomore year. I have had great experience in sports and academics, but there are many things that can be improved. I was accepted right a way by many people. The students and teachers were very welcoming as well. I believe that standards base grading is setting up everyone to fail. Being able to retake a test as many times as one wants, teaches students to get in the habit of not studying.
I would like to see academics taken more seriously and more helpful for students going to college. Majority of the time I am not challenged enough which is not very helpful for my future, in which I hope to be challenged. I also think that Anamosa High School does not provide adequate help for students to discover what they might like to study in college or what kind of job they might want to have after college.