Anahuac High School is an above average, public school located in Anahuac, TX. It has 365 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Anahuac High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-55 Students
- B+52 Students
- B39 Students
- A+39 Students
- A-38 Students
- B32 Students
- A+30 Students
- A-26 Students
- A25 Students
- B24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Anahuac High School Reviews
I went to the Anahuac Independent School District from pre-K all the way until I graduated and I wouldn’t have picked a different school! Every teacher of mine, even if we didn’t get along as well as other students, always had my best interest at heart - especially since it is a very small school. The graduating class of 2017, of which I was in, was 83 students and the graduating class of 2018 is about 100 students. This school being so small allows for excellent student-to-teacher ratios and a certain bond with the faculty and your classmates that you wouldn’t get anywhere else. Every year in high school, we got foreign exchange students from Italy, Spain, and even China! Even though we were small, we were about as cultured as you could be in such a small school. Honest rating 9/10. GO PANTHERS!!!
The parents are very involved. The stands are always full at every game whether it be basketball, baseball,volleyball, or even football. Come hail or high water our parents are always there to support us all! They even help volunteer for events. Im not sure that all parents agree with how some of our teachers are but everyone's opinion is different about everyone.
Anahuac High School was a school where everyone knows everyone. This can be such a positive thing because when situations like bullying take place, the students stand up for each other because everyone is like family.