Anacortes High School Reviews

My experience at Anacortes High School has been a good one. I have learned a lot and have been, for the most part, interested in most of the class I have taken. Although this is the case, all my teachers I have had the privilege of enjoying as an instructor, have been a great help to my educational journey. They are always there when I need extra help and they are always respectful to me and my fellow classmates. Aside from participating in classes, I have also participated in extra curricular activities that are provided by my school: these are soccer, football, and basketball. By the way, these sports, aside from
Its an okay high school, however there is a lot of drama involved in the school and the student body is very picky and there are a lot of cliques. Everyone here has known each other since they were little, so it's hard to make friends. The academic and sports aspects of the school are pretty good. There are a wide variety of academic programs and sports that are offered at the school, the teachers are also really good too.
For the last three years I have had an overall good experience at Anacortes High School. While the school is not very diverse, it is very accepting of people with different backrounds and identities. It has also been tough because we are going through the construction of a new high school, which, once finished, will replace the one I am currently going to. One of the things I would like to see is more unique clubs that people can join, and overall more school spirit from everyone here. Regardless, my high school life has been pretty great and I wouldn't want it any other way.
Start Your Review of Anacortes High School
Anacortes is a beautiful and wonderful place, with a great school system along with it. My experiences at the school were really great, with a good environment and passionate teachers.
Elementary and middle school is effective. High school provides many good opportunities, the town itself is very nice.
Anacortes high school is a small school with dedicated teachers and staff. The small town and small school environment allow students to learn in a more inclusive setting. There are many different sports and several clubs that allow you to express your self and your passions.
Anacortes High School was an environment that both served my passions and fueled my education. The community of staff and faculty are outstanding, supportive, and a distinguishing part of what makes this high school so great. There is a clear passion for learning in and outside of the classroom, and a plethora of opportunities available for students to pursue their interests. A number of different classes are offered that appeal to a variety of topics and subjects. Students are given the encouragement and education needed in order to achieve their academic and personal goals. Anacortes High School is a place of potential, progression, possibility. It was the perfect setting to discover my interests and establish a foundation for my future endeavors.
Anacortes High School is definitely a place I will never forget. The teachers and staff always have a smile on their face and say hello to every student that walks by. The teachers want their students to succeed and will put in extra effort to help those that need it. In my experience there, I never had one teacher that I did not like. I feel like I learned a lot in my four years there and I am glad to call myself a Seahawk. Anacortes High School offered many activities and classes that other schools surrounding did not offer, and this provided students with the opportunity to explore more areas of subjects and discover new interests that they may not have otherwise found. Anacortes High School will forever be in my memory and I will continue to visit and keep in touch with the teachers who helped me thought my four years there.
Anacortes High School is a great school. The students and faculty are nice and really help you prepare for college. The building itself is getting run down but they are building a new one. AHS is a AA-sized school and offers a lot of sports and is competitive in its division.
AHS is a great school. The teachers really care about the students and want them to succeed. Although the facilities are dated and sometimes cramped, they just built a new football field and stadium and construction will start on new buildings in late 2016.
The counsellors are very helpful with the scheduling process. They make sure that the Senior class has all of their requirements before finalizing the schedule. The workload depends on the class but for the most part, there isn't much to do on the daily.
Anacortes is a very accepting school. We have people of different sexual orientations and races and ethnic groups. At this age there may be some peer pressure but with that being said, we are well educated on how to stand up for ourselves. We have a club called the Gay-Straight Alliance which helps with the acceptance of those who have a different sexual orientation.
Anacortes High School has lots of clubs and organization options. We are constantly creating new ones and encouraging others to join. A pretty popular club here is the Key Club. Sports are also very popular at Anacortes High School. We are constantly being a strong opponent and are normally pretty successful in the seasons.
Anacortes High School has been the best experience. It is within a small community which makes it nice because it is full of support in many areas. We have a really fun dress up week during the week of homecoming and we also have lots of spirit days that help get the students involved. Something that I love as well, is the Link Crew Leader program. I am part of this and it's a great volunteer hour program. We assist the incoming freshman and help give them tours and prepare for the next few years in their education. I would choose this school again because it is so welcoming, interactive, and a safe environment.
The teachers are very relatable with their teaching and help the students by going above and beyond the call of duty. Many teachers offer their assistance after school and are open to coming up with new ways to study or assist according to the needs of the student. They also are very encouraging with other topics other than their own. Many of the teachers go to sporting events or even run some of the clubs that are within the school.
Teachers are very average with a few outstanding ones here or there in each department.
For a small school, there is a lot of variety and support. All the teachers get to know their students and recommend certain academic paths for them to follow based on their personalities and interests.
Start Your Review of Anacortes High School
There isn't a lot of racial diversity here, but with the little we do have, everyone is very accepting and works to make sure everyone finds their niche.
I honestly feel safe going to school on a daily basis. The on-campus officer is great: very friendly and supportive of everyone no matter their past. The staff as a whole are all fantastic and I have no complaints.
There is a wide variety of clubs available to students such that they are able to join things that reflect who they are as individuals and help them grow into better people.