Anacortes High School is an above average, public school located in Anacortes, WA. It has 787 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Anacortes High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+143 Students
- B+135 Students
- A100 Students
- C-67 Students
- B-54 Students
- A-50 Students
- A-48 Students
- B+46 Students
- B44 Students
- A-44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Anacortes High School
- A-Sehome High School
- Bellingham School District, WA
- 250 reviews
- BLa Conner High School
- La Conner School District, WA
- 29 reviews
- BOak Harbor High School
- Oak Harbor School District, WA
- 170 reviews
- BLopez Middle High School
- Lopez School District, WA
- 13 reviews
Anacortes High School Reviews
Anacortes High School is a small school in a small town. The teachers and classes are all fun and there are quite a few advanced classes as well as a few classes geared to help slower students. The students are not very diverse- pretty much everyone is white, and there are a lot of rich kids. However, the school doesn't have that many cliques, in fact pretty much everyone is involved in multiple activities and friend groups. For the most part it is actually a very liberal mentality and everyone is pretty nice and accepting. Good special needs program and club scene.
AHS has excellent clubs and activities that captivate the student body and fill students with passion and drive to go forward. The teachers and faculty are so supportive and willing to help. I do wish more AP courses were offered and taught a little better in some circumstances. Our school culture is at times nice, but at other times awful. Drinking/drug use is unfortunately pretty common.
Anacortes High School was an environment that both served my passions and fueled my education. The community of staff and faculty are outstanding, supportive, and a distinguishing part of what makes this high school so great. There is a clear passion for learning in and outside of the classroom, and a plethora of opportunities available for students to pursue their interests. A number of different classes are offered that appeal to a variety of topics and subjects. Students are given the encouragement and education needed in order to achieve their academic and personal goals. Anacortes High School is a place of potential, progression, possibility. It was the perfect setting to discover my interests and establish a foundation for my future endeavors.