Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Anacortes High School is a highly rated, public school located in Anacortes, WA. It has 775 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Anacortes High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+182 Students
- B+159 Students
- A133 Students
- C-72 Students
- B-70 Students
- B+63 Students
- A-63 Students
- B-57 Students
- A-57 Students
- A-57 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Anacortes High School
- ASehome High School
- Bellingham School District, WA
- 285 reviews
- B-La Conner High School
- La Conner School District, WA
- 29 reviews
- B+Oak Harbor High School
- Oak Harbor School District, WA
- 190 reviews
- BLopez Middle High School
- Lopez School District, WA
- 14 reviews
Anacortes High School Reviews
I started attending my sophomore year after moving from the south. My previous school had over 3,000 students enrolled, while Anacortes High School has less than 1,000. As a new student it can be hard to start getting involved as every one knows everyone. It can seem small sometimes as the town is small, but there are many benefits. The teachers and faculty know your name, and you will always recognize someone anywhere you go. All staff care about you as a student and as a person. Most people are involved in a variety of activities; most students enjoy both a sport and club. Our TigerHawk basketball game is looked forward to every year as well as homecoming week and spring activities. The community as a whole supports Anacortes High School students. Of course every school has its cons, and there are going to people you like or respect more than others, but my overall experience has been a positive one.
THe teachers are AMAZING however the students arent always great. The acedemics are very good however! The history curriculum could definately be updated but they are working on that now!
Anacortes is a great high school with teachers who are helpful and activities that you can get involved in. However, Anacortes needs to focus on listening to the student's voices and make some changes with leadership. Having been in an officer position for the high school. I have the first-hand witness of students' ideas not being listened to and just keeping tradtion from year to year. Other than that I feel like Anacortes is a great town that allows the high school to provide all the students with opportunities.