Anacoco High School is an above average, public school located in Anacoco, LA. It has 385 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Anacoco High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-33 Students
- A-21 Students
- B16 Students
- A-16 Students
- A-14 Students
- B12 Students
- A+11 Students
- C+8 Students
- B8 Students
- B8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Anacoco High School
Anacoco High School Reviews
Anacoco is a nice school if you're interested in academics rather than sports. This school does not have many options for sports scholarships, as we do not have football, dance line, color guard, band, etc. The academics are amazing and this school definitely prepares you for college work.
With the schools strict rules and constant overly intense strive for perfection I end up feeling anxiety over everything from, whether or not I'm wearing the right clothes (I.e. Belt, Student ID, Tucked in shirt, etc.) to the smallest of homework assignments, this now has driven me to staying up late into the night trying to make sure everything is done
The safety of this school has gotten better over the years but there is no advance security systems or measures being taken. In the last two years students and staff have been required to wear an ID tags and we have a small security camera system. That is the only protection the school has. And we were told the ID's were only there to identity our bodies in the event of an emergency. The school is so small and everyone knows everyone so ID's are pointless. Anyone could walk through the front doors of the school and have access to anything and anyone. Thankfully the school is in a safe area so no one is really worried about anything happening. In my opinion, anything could happen at any moment so it is better to be prepared.