Anacoco High School is an above average, public school located in Anacoco, LA. It has 364 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 89% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Anacoco High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B44 Students
- A-28 Students
- B23 Students
- B+21 Students
- B+21 Students
- B+16 Students
- A+13 Students
- B13 Students
- B-10 Students
- B10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Anacoco High School
Anacoco High School Reviews
Anacoco High School is a very good school to attend in order to be prepared for college. The school helps very well in helping its students develop great studying habits, morals, and even helps to build a student's character. The teachers put their everything into their work and make sure that their students are all taken care of exactly as they need. Although the student body is not very diverse in many different aspects, each and every one of the students learn to know each other and tend to get along with each other rather well. Anacoco High has personally impacted my life better than I think other schools in the area may have done for me.
Anacoco is a nice school if you're interested in academics rather than sports. This school does not have many options for sports scholarships, as we do not have football, dance line, color guard, band, etc. The academics are amazing and this school definitely prepares you for college work.
With the schools strict rules and constant overly intense strive for perfection I end up feeling anxiety over everything from, whether or not I'm wearing the right clothes (I.e. Belt, Student ID, Tucked in shirt, etc.) to the smallest of homework assignments, this now has driven me to staying up late into the night trying to make sure everything is done