Amundsen High School Reviews

Amundsen High School is the first neighborhood CPS high school become 1+ school. Our teacher really have passion with the students. Everyone in school always happy to help student to be success.
As currently enrolled as an Amundsen High school senior, Amundsen High School is a stand-out choice among all neighborhood high schools in Chicago for many reasons, including
- Top performing & competitive IB program
- Thriving athletic programs

Amundsen High School students adopt a school-wide value system, The Viking Way, which fosters development of Accountable, Honorable, and Scholarly students
I started and will be finishing my high school career at Amundsen High School and I believe that it is on a steep incline to becoming a top school in the city of Chicago.
Start Your Review of Amundsen High School
Would be a bit better to see a more student run program and study hall. I transferred from a military school and surprisingly the academics at this school is actually better and more structured an what i left from. we have math lab and tutoring throughout the day and can get access to teacher assistance before or after school. I really immersed myself into programs like TRIO and ONE GOAL, which help to prepare students for college and after that. Students also can join any program or club without prejudice which is good since the school is majority Hispanic and Caucasian. People can't say that it is restricted as well because i commute from the south side to the north side every day and still perform well.
When I came here as a freshman, the school was very large for me and I quite often got lost. I joined volleyball my freshmen year and met lots of great people. I came to this school not knowing anyone and joining a sport was the first way to start getting to know people. From my previous teachers, some tend to seem as if they are lost and confused on something they should have a major in. They lack teaching skills, but give a lot of written assignments we can't quite do too much with since the ones who are supposed to be teaching us, are confused as well. As far as food goes, stick with vending machine. Lunchroom food is horrible. Meat is usually never cooked thoroughly. The school is overall clean and tidy. Nonetheless, this school offers a lot of resources like tutoring during your lunch period, or even after school. Programs such as trio, college possible help students become college ready.
I love it how all the teachers will try their best to help you succeed even when there is times where some people lack
I believe we should get every Wednesday off and not just once a month. I really like some of my teachers but mainly they're all rude and don't really care.
I am a senior at Amundsen high school. I transferred to Amundsen my sophomore year. Meeting new people for me was a big problem because I had my fears. I was at another high school my freshmen year and I had a horrible experience. Coming to Amundsen I felt like they are so much more open to students with different background and very very supportive! Amundsen isn’t is very large school yet not too small either. We are at the middle. However we are like families!! 💖
I love how the teachers and counselors are willing to help out any student in the building when they needed. Securities are putting their duty above all in order to keep the students and teachers in a safety position. Lunchtime is decent since students can borrow some game boards to play while enjoying their food. Since there are some parts of the building were remodeling, it makes students feel better and safer. Also, there was some police officers walking around the building, which has makes the building totally safe.
There is nothing much that I would like to change about my school. What I would like to see changes in my school is the way that teachers will be a little stronger and stand up for weaker students and also their respect that they should have from all of the students.
What I like about Amundsen High School is that the teachers and staff care about their students and want to see them succeed.
I had an amazing four years in Amundsen. I learned how to balance my school life with sports and my personal life. The staff in the school helped me grow as a person and showed me what being responsible looks like. The counselors are always there for the students if they ever have a problem. It doesn't matter if it's school related or a personal issue, they always are there for the students. The teachers care immensely about the students' education. They put a great effort into their lessons, in order for everyone to be able to understand the content. Amundsen is a second home to me, I know that I can count on the staff to be there for me if I ever need them. I do not regret choosing Amundsen as my high school.
My academic career in Amundsen High School as been great so far. Amundsen High School is a diverse school, where there are students from all types of background. This is a great school that has invested a lot of money into it's institution so that the kids can feel comfortable and have successful classes that will enable to succeed in school. Amundsen also have wonderful teachers that really care about the students and they want to see the students succeed in life. Amundsen has variety of extra curricular activities that students could partake of. From athletic teams to student adventure club, Amundsen has numerous clubs that many students will enjoy. As a senior who is about to graduate from Amundsen High School, I really appreciate every moments I had in Amundsen High School.
I liked all the different clubs and activities that were available to participate in. I also appreciate how a lot of the teacher truly care about you as an individual and actually take the time to get to know you personally. This is also true for a lot of the staff here at Amundsen
I been going to Amundsen High school for the 4 years . The school is very wonderful and very supportive. The team here is very strong, we have a lot going on at once, and we are one big family. I was never let down. I learned a lot from both teachers and students.
I love how diverse Amundsen it. It gave me a chance to live through other cultures and really get to know myself and who I wanna be.
My past years at Amundsen have been good. I meant many great teacher and students. I have a great learning opportunities. Get ways to get help. The school also has great students. They are really nice and outgoing they always want to get the best grade as they could. The school started of as a level 3 when I got here, and it is now a level 1. Like I said it is a really good school. We also have really good sports. We have volleyball, football, basketball, swimming, water polo, and softball.
What I enjoy best about Amundsen is the cultural differences. There is a diverse of cultures within the school. Throughout my experience in Amundsen, my counselor has always been there to answer any questions and concerns that I have, which is the best quality a school can have. I am a very curious person and to always have someone there to answer has always been a great help.
Start Your Review of Amundsen High School
I loved this highschool. They offered so much support and they're very welcoming to new students. I went to Amundsen as a freshman and loved every minute of it. There was a variety of sports and just when I graduated they added new sports as well like badminton and water polo. I would've liked there to be a laccross team I would have been the first to join.
Amundsen is a place you can be yourself. It offers extra help and every teacher and faculty member cares about your success.
Amundsen High School is a great school. The teachers are very helpful when there is subjects that you may not understand, they will glad assist you. The people around are great and the diversity. Amundsen provides many opportunities for students to join clubs and teams. They are also very helpful with college readiness.