Amsterdam High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-36 Students
- B+34 Students
- A+23 Students
- B-22 Students
- A-21 Students
- A21 Students
- B20 Students
- A-17 Students
- A16 Students
- A+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Amsterdam High School
- CGloversville High School
- Gloversville City School District, NY
- 43 reviews
- C+Johnstown Senior High School
- Johnstown City School District, NY
- 85 reviews
- BBroadalbin-Perth High School
- Broadalbin-Perth Central School District, NY
- 58 reviews
- B-Schenectady High School
- Schenectady City School District, NY
- 120 reviews
Amsterdam High School Reviews
A lot of peer pressure happens in this school and about 99.99% of it is negative. There are some problems between kids of ethnic/racial diversity and/or sexual orientation, but the majority of the students don' really care as much. If one Hispanic kid did something to a white kid, some racial slurs would be thrown around between the two.
I have had days where I thought my school was the best school ever, and other days I just wanted to leave. My favorite experience is to meet other kids who are just like me and who have common interests with me. I am able to hang out with them and have fun without caring what any other student thought. I would probably choose this school again if I could do it all over again and change the negative experiences I have had. Although these experiences helped create who I am, some of them should really be changed.
Some of the teachers are very helpful and will do anything to help their students out. These teachers show an interest in every single one of their students and are easy to talk to. They are consistent with their grading and are available almost all the time to help the students in need. Other teachers don't care as much for all of their students. These teachers often play favoritism with their students instead of being fair. They also aren't consistent in grading and their communication skills only work for those they favor.