Amsterdam High School is a public school located in Amsterdam, NY. It has 1,092 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Amsterdam High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-42 Students
- B+41 Students
- A-24 Students
- A+24 Students
- A23 Students
- B22 Students
- B-22 Students
- A+20 Students
- A-19 Students
- A18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Amsterdam High School
- CGloversville High School
- Gloversville City School District, NY
- 43 reviews
- C+Johnstown Senior High School
- Johnstown City School District, NY
- 86 reviews
- BBroadalbin-Perth High School
- Broadalbin-Perth Central School District, NY
- 58 reviews
- B-Schenectady High School
- Schenectady City School District, NY
- 122 reviews
Amsterdam High School Reviews
What I like about Amsterdam high school is everyone is friendly and welcoming. I like how the teachers are always there to help when you need it and the teachers put in time for students to be able to get extra help as well. The sports programs are great and really open doors for students! There are many clubs and activities to get involved in and I feel safe at the school. One thing I believe the school could work on is the food. I think that there should be more options for kids to choose from. Overall, Amsterdam high school has allowed me to have a great experience throughout my four years there!
My experience at Amsterdam High school was rather exciting and joyful than what others say. I was a three sport athlete while enrolled in the smart scholars program. I played football and the schools atmosphere was just great, there are no other friday night lights in the 518 like the one in Amsterdam. After graduating and attending a 4 year college is when you truly see where your school fell in academics, I felt as if Amsterdam did have limited resources but faculty were always there to answer any questions whether it be school/college related or personal questions.
Amsterdam was fine while I attended. The school needs to better prepare for upcoming freshman because the 2017-2018 year was horrible, the schedules were a disaster and our principal left halfway through the year. Hall monitors are a little too friendly with "trouble students" but other than that Amsterdam isn't a terrible school.