Amos P. Godby High School Reviews

I am only a freshman, but i can tell that this is a good school. Many teachers care for their students, the faculty are very serious about safety, students are very nice to freshman although some jokes are made of us.
Throughout my school career at Amos P. Godby high school, I have been either content or happy with the school. I am an honors student, so my classmates were mostly well behaved. Almost all of my teachers have been nice and go above and beyond to help all of their students. Only a couple of my teachers have been incapable of teaching. I have also enjoyed the many programs and special classes at Godby, like National Honors Society, Advanced Placement (AP) and dual enrollment classes. These programs and classes will allow me to better succeed in college. The things that I think Godby needs to improve include more focus and money put into the AP program, more tutoring for failing students (not just failing them), and more programs that are better suited to get students more involved in school and be more successful after graduating.
I really like godby high because anything I needed help on they are always there. I also like when I have a problem with a teacher I can always count on the principal to take care of the problem before it get out of hands.The things that I would like to change is some of the rules like for example no cell phone and no rip jeans.i would also request that the food can be change because it’s not good and don’t have no season to it.
Start Your Review of Amos P. Godby High School
I liked the interaction with teachers. I liked the safe environment. I liked with the teachers and other staff working with parents to achieve their goal of graduation. The school has gone through some changes with staff and the building. However, everyone is committed to serving each other. They are committed to providing a pleasant environment for learning. They are committed to making adjustment and offering other alternative solution to solve any potential problem. They kept you inform on current issue and school events.
What I like about Amos P. Godby it isn't like most schools where the students separate into groups by how you're classified. What I don't like is that no everyone is serious about school. A majority of the students just drop out or want to get their diploma but have no plan afterwards.
Godby High School is a good school for sports and has a amazing engineering and technology programs. It’s a experience you won’t never forget. The best football team in Tallahassee.
I enjoyed my run at Amos P. Godby high school, but, like any other school, it was not without its shortcomings. While I can say I feel that they faculty and staff truly did want their students to pass and held genuine concern to that regard, there was a bit of hand holding that dragged many of the children into a dependence on others to help them to succeed in the stead of encouragement to find one's own path to success. As I'm sure is would be clear to anyone who has experienced even a year after high school, this can lead to problems sooner rather than later in life.
I feel that the policy disallowing late submissions and turning the redoing of an assignment into a hassle was a great way to encourage independence, but the lack of enforcement at Godby let a great thought fall flat. Were the faculty to stick to their guns, not accept late work and make redoing the work difficult for students, the success rate of APG alumni would increase substantially.
Godby is a great school to go to, the teachers are involved with the students. Teachers are great at helping students with their work and other inquiries.
Too many students that don't even try, but the teachers try as hard as they can to see there students graduate
I like the college Dual Enrollment program because I was allowed to enroll for 15 credit hours each semester without having to take a class at the high school. The sports program for baseball included very little parental support and the coach needed to be replaced.
I enjoy attending Amos P. Godby High School because of how diverse the school is, being at Godby allows me to express myself without judgment. The admonstration and teachers are also very helpful to the students and they try their absoukte best to make sure every student suceeds.
My experience with Amos P. Godby High School was being a member of the band. The Friday night football games and pep rallys were the highlights of my week.
I love our caring Math, History and English teachers. They were always willing to help you be successful.
I've only been to one high school in my entire life and it's been Godby. The best part about this school is the academics. I love the classes that we get to choose from even though I wish it was a wider selection.
Godby allowed me to skip a grade and graduate early as well as dual enroll at TCC. Although Godby is known to be a troubled school when it comes to behavior and safety, it can all be avoided if students didn't give attention to those misbehaving. Most of the faculty has been very helpful, there are select few who are just here for the paycheck. Godby has good intentions and could have a bright future, but it all lies within the student body.
My 4 years at Amos P. Godby have been amazing. I was able to meet amazing teachers who sparked my career interests and made me the better person I am today.
I love attending Godby it's a good school the teachers are very productive and hardworking and making sure each student graduates we havethis class called avid which allows students to do other work or even get help from other classes it really help some students keep track, we also have this greendot program where we help students help other students learning that everything doesn't need a reaction
Start Your Review of Amos P. Godby High School
During all of my four years here i am highly disappointed. My learning ability has dramatically changed. My surroundings are always changing and the teachers performance is abysmal. i could have performed much better at a different school. My peers are highly unmotivated as well. I will do much better off when i graduate .
Godby never had huge instances where bullying or a long term bullying escalated to being extreme and cause harm to a student. There are altercations amongst younger grade members each year but its never been extreme and is handled accordingly with repercussions. if students ever get out of hand and riled up we go under lock down or we get privileges taken away.
As far as sports, those were taken care of very well. Athletes, coaches, and parents were very involved in fundraising and participation. For other extra curricular the school can use more clubs and interests.They have been working on it for sure but you have to have a committed leader and following along with funds to do so.