Amos P. Godby High School is a public school located in Tallahassee, FL. It has 1,273 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 23% of students are at least proficient in math and 29% in reading.
Amos P. Godby High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A351 Students
- B+266 Students
- C+213 Students
- A-202 Students
- A+184 Students
- A139 Students
- A+109 Students
- B84 Students
- A-67 Students
- A-63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Amos P. Godby High School Reviews
Amos P. Godby High School is one of the best High Schools. It is very diverse due to the ESOL program they have available. You definitely learn to become independent by developing your soft skills, networking skills, and overall out of your comfort zone. Teachers are caring and are always available when help is needed. Godby has so many different clubs and organizations, the school is definitely involved with so many activities. The activities vary from academics to sports to hobbies. So many opportunities are available on Godby’s campus. This High School is great for those who are majoring in the Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields. There are amazing professors, laboratories, and simulators available for students to use and learn from. The only thing I would change would be the school’s food. Students do not get their proper nutrition and energy with the foods served.
Throughout my school career at Amos P. Godby high school, I have been either content or happy with the school. I am an honors student, so my classmates were mostly well behaved. Almost all of my teachers have been nice and go above and beyond to help all of their students. Only a couple of my teachers have been incapable of teaching. I have also enjoyed the many programs and special classes at Godby, like National Honors Society, Advanced Placement (AP) and dual enrollment classes. These programs and classes will allow me to better succeed in college. The things that I think Godby needs to improve include more focus and money put into the AP program, more tutoring for failing students (not just failing them), and more programs that are better suited to get students more involved in school and be more successful after graduating.
I believe that Godby can be a school of opportunities, I feel as if administration should be more involved with students, getting to know the students, trying to understand the students, mold the students into young men and women other than being just administrative adults. How can you run a school if you don't involve yourself physically and mentally in the schools environment. I do believe Godby is a great school . But it lacks belief, it lacks character and it lacks heart. I feel as if teachers and administration sees Godby as just another pay check and not as another home. Let's make Godby home again