Amityville Memorial High School Reviews

Amityville Memorial High School had it's issues. Fights, dismissive and sometimes racist educators, bad food, and broken equipment. It wasn't a rich school with rich students. In fact many of my classmates were poor. We were often told the reason we didn't get funding was because no one cared "about poor black kids." However I loved my school, I loved my peers, and for the most part I loved my teachers. Amityville has some of the kindest young people you'll ever meet.
My overall experience with Amityville Memorial High School wasn’t bad but it wasn’t the greatest. Im in school to get my work done while prepraing myself for what the future holds. Its just the fact that in Amityville, not too many people make it out successfully. Being apart of the ones who do make it out successfully would mean alot to me. I would be able to give back to the community so future Amityville students would have bigger and better opportunities to become successful in what they choose to do. The school isn’t a bad school. But opportunities for students are very limited and I hope to change that. My overall experience with Amityville Memorial High School wasn’t bad but it wasn’t the greatest.
Amityville really balances you, it provides useful knowledge and information. You pick up techniques that prepare you for not only college but also the streets where you often find yourself alone. The education is average you’d have to search deep to find the teachers that are really passionate about what they do and are patient enough to really provide a motivation to your future ahead. Overall Amityville is an average school, it sort of lost it’s bad rep over the last few years and has become a more civilized and less hectic scenery.
Start Your Review of Amityville Memorial High School
Amityville is a a relatively good school, with some stellar teachers and some not-so-good teachers. If you choose to do good, you'lol have a good experience. It's all up to you.
What I would change is the choices of subjects offered here. They either have regular regents classes or AP nothing in between such as honors. Also offer college credit courses not just AP.
Amityville memorial high school is an average high school. It is not very diverse but some of the students are friendly. There are after school activities and there are some good teachers, the cafeteria is often noisy and the food is decent. The academics are pretty good and the teachers do they're best to help students succeed at times.
My time at Amityville Memorial High was full of memories. I was the youngest out of five boys and my last name was well known. People looked at my name and said she has to be just like her brothers. Until the realized I was the complete opposite and had a bright future. Since I've been in this school district my whole life I can say that I have a favorite teacher for every year. To this day we still communicate and go out for lunch talk about life and how well I feel they prepared me for life outside of that place.
I like Amityville Memorial High School because if it's diversity and how close that bonds people, instead of separating them. However, a change that should be made is more strict rules to allow other students to gain their education and knowledge.
I like that the students of Amityville Memorial high school are so kind to one another and are very well behaved for the most part. I would like to see a solid principle in the school and the administration not so controlling and less politics going on around in the Amityville school district period.
My high school experience was phenomenal. The curriculum was set perfect so students can learn. The teachers are very helpful and want you to succeed. The sports teams go very far because of the good athletes and coaches.
The school is full of staff members who are dear to my heart. They've encouraged and shaped me to be the woman I am today. I was able to meet so many different who all taught me so much. The only thing I can think of wanting when it comes to change is finances. If the district was better funded it would be an all around terrific school.
It all depended on the you had. Some were nice and some were nasty
everyone in the school have something to do in the school. theres so mush help, extra actives that we can do.
i will say the teacher here are the best. they listen and really help each student that need the help. I'm happy to be in this school. because they don't let you down when they need your help.
We have a lot of different clubs a student can join. The students really show commitment towards the club they have joined and stay a member throughout their highschool career.
Because the school is so small you get that family feel to it and your kinda accepted by everyone
Some teachers are really great but some teachers dont try as hard to teach the material to the students.
Start Your Review of Amityville Memorial High School
An abundance of sports and clubs. The clubs also stress community service.
I met some great people and the scool spirit is wonderful. Every sports team has supporters and almost everyone is in a club.
Some teachers are amazing but some are just there not really trying to get to know students.