Amityville Memorial High School is a public school located in Amityville, NY. It has 758 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
250 Merrick Rd
Amityville, NY 11701
Amityville Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-92 Students
- A+61 Students
- B58 Students
- C45 Students
- B+43 Students
- B+40 Students
- B39 Students
- A39 Students
- B+38 Students
- C37 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Amityville Memorial High School
- CWyandanch Memorial High School
- Wyandanch Union Free School District, NY
- 28 reviews
- CRoosevelt High School
- Roosevelt Union Free School District, NY
- 140 reviews
- B-Central Islip Senior High School
- Central Islip Union Free School District, NY
- 227 reviews
- B+North Babylon High School
- North Babylon Union Free School District, NY
- 197 reviews
Amityville Memorial High School Reviews
What I liked most about Amityville High School was the diversity of the students at the school and all heritages were celebrated with assemblies where dancing, singing, poetry and more took place. The opportunities provided when it came to sports where they would travel and win best in the state or the county was amazing. The coaches always wanted the best for the whole team. The teachers were very helpful and friendly and always wanted to see you do good and pass the class. This school is a good place to make friends and find who you really are. The guidance counselors really helped you get on the right track when it came to choosing the right college and gave great tips to passing the SAT's and works around helping financially when it comes to picking the right school.
My overall experience with Amityville Memorial High School wasn’t bad but it wasn’t the greatest. Im in school to get my work done while prepraing myself for what the future holds. Its just the fact that in Amityville, not too many people make it out successfully. Being apart of the ones who do make it out successfully would mean alot to me. I would be able to give back to the community so future Amityville students would have bigger and better opportunities to become successful in what they choose to do. The school isn’t a bad school. But opportunities for students are very limited and I hope to change that. My overall experience with Amityville Memorial High School wasn’t bad but it wasn’t the greatest.
Amityville really balances you, it provides useful knowledge and information. You pick up techniques that prepare you for not only college but also the streets where you often find yourself alone. The education is average you’d have to search deep to find the teachers that are really passionate about what they do and are patient enough to really provide a motivation to your future ahead. Overall Amityville is an average school, it sort of lost it’s bad rep over the last few years and has become a more civilized and less hectic scenery.