Amity Regional High School is a top rated, public school located in Woodbridge, CT. It has 1,452 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Amity Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A323 Students
- A+124 Students
- B122 Students
- A+114 Students
- B-111 Students
- A+101 Students
- A+91 Students
- A79 Students
- B77 Students
- A-76 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 101 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
Schools like Amity Regional High School
- AMasuk High School
- Monroe School District, CT
- 204 reviews
- A+Fairfield Warde High School
- Fairfield School District, CT
- 276 reviews
- ANewtown High School
- Newtown School District, CT
- 465 reviews
- ATrumbull High School
- Trumbull Public Schools, CT
- 561 reviews
Amity Regional High School Reviews
Quality of education is great. Majority of teachers truly care about your work and personal life and strive to see you improve. You are always given the chance to do your best, and the atmosphere is welcoming most of the time. While there have been bumps in the road, remember it is a public school. Amity is highly looked upon by colleges and graduation rate is near 100%. Going to college is the goal, and Amity is great at preparing you for it!
The types of clubs available are numerous. Last year, the school published a 23 page booklet with a listing of all the clubs. Some examples are: Creative Theatre, Cycle Club, Debate Team, Math Team, Unified sports and theatre, Amnesty International, Astronomy club, Black Students Organization, Chess Club, Chinese Club, Computer Science Club, Costume Club, Couch to 5k, Yearbook, Environmental Club, Fashion Club, Fencing, Future Business Leaders, French Club, Student Council, Habitat for Humanity, Improv Club, Jazz Band, Junior Statesmen of America, Marine Biology, Model UN, Photography, Robotics Club, Science Olympiad Team, Spanish Club, Latin Club, Student Newspaper, Yoga Club, just to name a few!
Amity is not a very diverse school, and the climate can be very toxic. There have been multiple instances of discrimination in our school, and administration attempts to address this but then dismisses it. We have had walkouts and protests but still not much has changed. The school is way to focused on college prep that it does not prepare you for the real world. With teachers it is a hit or miss if you get a good one or not. I like the fact that we are able to take many AP classes that are offered. Overall Amity is a very average school; you will get an education but there are many negatives despite the faculty's attempt to hide the flaws.