Amherst Regional High School is a top rated, public school located in Amherst, MA. It has 923 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Amherst Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A193 Students
- A+88 Students
- A+73 Students
- A+70 Students
- A+53 Students
- A-51 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+37 Students
- A-36 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingC-
- Good for FamiliesA
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Amherst Regional High School
- ANorthampton High School
- Northampton Public Schools, MA
- 129 reviews
- B+South Hadley High School
- South Hadley Public Schools, MA
- 66 reviews
- BFrontier Regional School
- Public School
- South Deerfield, MA
- 76 reviews
- A-Belchertown High School
- Belchertown Public Schools, MA
- 170 reviews
Amherst Regional High School Reviews
African Scholars, Art Club, Match Wits, Best Buddies, Board Games, Cabaret, Cheerleading, Chinese, Class Yr Clubs, Community Service, Cross-Cultural Communication, Dance Theater Ensemble, Debate Team, Engineering, Math, Science, Environmental Action Club, French, School Newspaper, Gay-Straight Alliance, International Students, Latinos Unidos, Literary Mag, Memory Club, Model U.N., Musical, Nat'l Honor Society, Neurodiversity Club, Outing Club, Peace Jam, Photo Club, People of Color United, School Climate Control, Schools for Africa, Science Olympiad, Students for a Free Tibet, Survival Living, Yoga Club, Theater Company, Video Game Club, Anime, Women's Rights Club, Youth Action Coalition. Also, Alpine Skiing, Golf, Volleyball, Ultimate. All great!
Amherst Regional High School is an exceptional public school. The teachers are outstanding, and there are many class options available. If your plan is to go to college, ARHS will ensure that you are ready, and that you have a post-college plan. The school has an extraordinary music and theater department, and many athletes find themselves in the Western-Mass or state championships. There is great school spirit, and always something going on. The student body is diverse and open-minded, and the majority of students feel very safe at school. Through clubs and activism, students are very involved in the school, the community and the wider world.
The academics at Amherst Regional High School are rigorous yet the teachers care for their students so that they will be successful. Amherst Regional High School attracts a very diverse and accepting community where all our welcome. For example, I have always felt comfortable talking to my teachers about sensitive topics. Teachers are after school all the time to make sure students are successful and they are very supportive when academics become difficult for kids. I've had an amazing experience.