Amherst Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A173 Students
- A+82 Students
- A+65 Students
- A+62 Students
- A+49 Students
- A45 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+36 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 38 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Amherst Regional High School
- A+Northampton High School
- Northampton Public Schools, MA
- 121 reviews
- B+South Hadley High School
- South Hadley Public Schools, MA
- 64 reviews
- BFrontier Regional School
- Public School
- South Deerfield, MA
- 71 reviews
- B+Belchertown High School
- Belchertown Public Schools, MA
- 160 reviews
Amherst Regional High School Reviews
African Scholars, Art Club, Match Wits, Best Buddies, Board Games, Cabaret, Cheerleading, Chinese, Class Yr Clubs, Community Service, Cross-Cultural Communication, Dance Theater Ensemble, Debate Team, Engineering, Math, Science, Environmental Action Club, French, School Newspaper, Gay-Straight Alliance, International Students, Latinos Unidos, Literary Mag, Memory Club, Model U.N., Musical, Nat'l Honor Society, Neurodiversity Club, Outing Club, Peace Jam, Photo Club, People of Color United, School Climate Control, Schools for Africa, Science Olympiad, Students for a Free Tibet, Survival Living, Yoga Club, Theater Company, Video Game Club, Anime, Women's Rights Club, Youth Action Coalition. Also, Alpine Skiing, Golf, Volleyball, Ultimate. All great!
Amherst was such a great place to go to school. I felt as though the teachers I was working with really cared about me and the work I was doing. They would urge me to struggle with hard concepts in order to eventually learn them, rather than give up or stay complacent. They understood that my school life was not my whole life and tried to understand me as a whole person. My teachers knew me and would congratulate me on things related to swimming, theater, art, music, and plenty of other activities that had nothing to do with my the academic aspects of high school.
All of the staff and faculty at ARHS are very involved with their students. They are talented, knowledgeable, accessible, concerned educators who work hard to provide all students opportunities for success. Co-teaching is often practiced with a general and special education teacher working together to make sure all students receive the support they need. There're numerous languages spoken at ARHS (more than 60) and students have access to one-on-one translators, as needed. Paraprofessionals assist classrooms and support students with special needs. The autism program is excellent. Teachers are available after school to tutor and provide make-up exams. It's easy to feel that all staff and faculty care about the well-being of their students beyond simply academics.