Amherst High School is an above average, public school located in Amherst, WI. It has 331 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Amherst High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+38 Students
- B+26 Students
- B18 Students
- B+17 Students
- B-14 Students
- A-13 Students
- A-13 Students
- A+12 Students
- B12 Students
- B-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Amherst High School
- BIola-Scandinavia High School
- Iola-Scandinavia School District, WI
- 38 reviews
- BWaupaca High School
- Waupaca School District, WI
- 92 reviews
- B-Rosholt High School
- Rosholt School District, WI
- 25 reviews
- A-Stevens Point Area Senior High School
- Stevens Point Area Public School District, WI
- 320 reviews
Amherst High School Reviews
I've went to Amherst High School from kindergarten to my senior year and I couldn't have asked for a better school. The teachers were amazing, they are always out for each and every one of their students. The music and arts programs are amazing and the high school football team has gone to state three years in a row, getting second the first year and winning gold the next two years. Needless to say the sports program is pretty good. There isn't the widest variety of clubs, but the ones offered are pretty good.
I love my high school. It's small, offers great classes. The block scheduling is great for managing time (although getting overwhelmed is possible). For the most part, it's pretty fantastic. The teachers understand the students, and for the most part are fantastic. However there are the few teachers who act very condescending and will not under any cirmcumstances extend deadlines or talk rationally.
A lot of people think that growing up in a small town would be awful. In all honesty, I love it in Amherst. Although at times everyone knowing everyone is bad, more often than not it's good. Amherst is such a strong, supportive community. I don't think I will ever see teachers who are more dedicated to helping their students then in Amherst. Amherst also has amazing athletic programs, with coaches who are more than willing to help anyone improve if they'll work for it. I must warn you though,if plan on going to an athletic event,get there early! seats fill up fast with adoring fans cheering on the participants.