Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Amherst High School is an above average, public school located in Amherst, WI. It has 329 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Amherst High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+52 Students
- B38 Students
- B23 Students
- B-21 Students
- A-20 Students
- B-20 Students
- A-16 Students
- B-16 Students
- A15 Students
- B14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Amherst High School
- BIola-Scandinavia High School
- Iola-Scandinavia School District, WI
- 39 reviews
- B+Waupaca High School
- Waupaca School District, WI
- 103 reviews
- BRosholt High School
- Rosholt School District, WI
- 26 reviews
- A-Stevens Point Area Senior High School
- Stevens Point Area Public School District, WI
- 357 reviews
Amherst High School Reviews
I like the small community Amherst has, but I wish it would focus more on academics than on popularity and sports. Although sports are great and help with teamwork, responsibility, and other attributions for characteristics needed in the future, our school spends millions of dollars on new sports complexes while students don't have access to personal school computers, and our textbooks are falling apart and shared between teachers.
Amherst High School was not only an amazing school, but a home. The students and staff stay connected for a lifetime and take immeasurable pride in their school. I will forever call Amherst my home, no matter where my future endeavors take me. Amherst High School helped forge my character and set me on a path towards success.
I've went to Amherst High School from kindergarten to my senior year and I couldn't have asked for a better school. The teachers were amazing, they are always out for each and every one of their students. The music and arts programs are amazing and the high school football team has gone to state three years in a row, getting second the first year and winning gold the next two years. Needless to say the sports program is pretty good. There isn't the widest variety of clubs, but the ones offered are pretty good.