Amherst Central High School Reviews

The teachers are very supportive and passionate about helping students succeed. The extracurricular programs in the music department encourage students to work hard and create art worth sharing.
My school is good! It has pretty good teachers and it try's to help students. The teachers always have mandatory after school/ before school hours to help which is nice.
Amherst offers a variety of classes to challenge students within all academic levels and interests. The teachers genuinely want to see their students succeed and the students make the community extremely spirited and welcoming. I would like to see less of a divide between the staff and student body, however overall Amherst gave me many memories that I will always be thankful for.
Start Your Review of Amherst Central High School
A good high school to go to. Lots of diversity and many extracurriculars. Many AP and honors classes too!
Amherst High School has so many intelligent, inspirational, and dedicated teachers. Several of them greatly influenced my way of thinking and seeing the world. The clubs at this school are also very diverse and are a great way for students to express their passions. The diversity and acceptance at Amherst is also one of its assets. The only downside this school has is the tendency of students to form cliques.
I loved it! It was a good school, had a lot of great activities. It is good to get involves with the different programs! The teacher motivate you to want to do your best.
I like the different classes and variety of students they’re are in the school. As well as how the teacher try to help their students and are excited to teach the subject. A thing I would change is if they could renovate the school classrooms and etc.
I enjoy the amount of opportunity Amherst offers with the amount of clubs, sports, and the music and drama programs.
The school has a great about of diversity among the students and a great curriculum. There are several AP classes and dual enrollment classes to prepare students for college. There are also technical program to train students who aren't college bound for careers.
It's a high school with all of the typical high school things: friends, teachers, bullies, mandatory classes. The electives are pretty broad which is cool, but there's not a lot of mention of them so if you don't know about them, you don't know about them. The teachers are generally kind and they do their jobs well. There's a few that seem like they don't understand the material they're teaching, but that's every school. Our athletics aren't too great, money is allocated towards losing teams as if that'll help. Our most successful teams are female, so if you've got a daughter this is a place where she'll thrive athletically.
Overall, I liked my experience at ACHS regarding the quality of my education and the kindness of my teachers. However, the building is incredibly old and could use improvement. There is no centralized heating thus rooms vary from scorching hot to freezing cold. The chemistry hallways pipes are so old that we're unable to drink the water, and there is asbestos in the building overall. The people inside of the school are great, but the building itself needs an intense renovation.
The main attraction to Amherst is athletics other then that not much activities and not a single field trip or unique experience offered to most students not involved in athletics or music. There should be more club activities and trips or even school events or classroom trips.
Although there are some spectacular teachers it seems to be only about one out of seven. Most of the teachers I experienced had very poor communication skills. overall the grading was the worst and most consistently worst part of my school experience with teachers. the grading was inconsistent and was not explained. it would sometimes take weeks for a four paragraph essay to be graded. even my parents got upset with how long some teachers took to grade.
The activities here are pretty lax, depending on what club or activity you join.

Model UN and Writer's Guild are a ton of fun, and Art Club just depends on the people who come in.

This school does a lot of Drives/Fundraisers for a bunch of different organizations, but I'm only involved in Red Cross, which I admit is not too bad either.
Great school in general, lots of challenging courses and engaging teachers. It's a top-notch public school that pushes you to the limit in regards to the Maths & Sciences.
The teachers here are very well versed in their topics of study, specifically in the Science and History departments and are pretty happy to help any student who asks them for assistance with any problem.

Only negative point I'd add is that they love to schedule a crazy amount of assignments on what seems to be the same day, at least for the Honors and AP kids.
The safety of students is guaranteed, because technology is improving and we have more ways of detecting threats.
Start Your Review of Amherst Central High School
There are clubs and groups for almost every person in the school, and if there isn't, it's very easy to start a new club.
The events and classes are exceptional, but the student body is often distracting and inappropriate.
Although most teachers actively engage with their classes, there are quite a few who seem to care more about their pay than their students.