Amesbury High School Reviews

My experience at Amesbury High School was great. The school offered challenging math classes and offered a variety of science classes.
The one thing I would like to see change is the 90 min classes.
I just graduated from Amesbury High with the Class of 2018. I was 3rd generation in my family to go to this school & I really wouldn't have changed a thing about my experience. The teachers, the clubs, the lasting friendships were all amazing & the memories I made there will stay with me. Amesbury really is an amazing community.
Great School! I am editor of school newspaper, joined Model Un, there are so many other clubs and sports to get involved in! My grades are great I’ve been on honor roll and take so classes!
Start Your Review of Amesbury High School
It has terrible cleanliness and terrible support for academics. It does have very kind teachers, some of which are often too kind though.
Amesbury High School, although may lack in some things due to budgeting. There is a sense of pride, no matter the sports team, the game, or the opponent, there is a sense of student involvement, and pride. No matter the event, there is always a group of kids who are willing to participate and make new friends within their class. The teachers are very good at their jobs, they ensure that students reach their full potential and always give good ideas and inspiration on the passions that each student holds.
I liked the atmosphere and class size, but there was limited available AP courses for seniors as well as a decreasing budget. If you are looking for a high school that values the arts, I wouldn't go here, programs have been getting cut left and right.
The teachers provide a great amount of effort to help us build up to our greatest capabilities. The after-school activities are very welcoming.
I wish there was more funding for the arts, the focus of the funding seemed to be on sports and clubs which seems unfair
There are some aspects of the school that are underfunded, such as the language department, however, there is an excellent community feel surrounding the school.
Great, supportive community. Excellent relationships to be made with faculty and administration, and many opportunities for success through the countless activities and athletics; there are a lot for such a small school. Block scheduling can be tough for AP students, and it would be nice to see the addition of a few more AP classes.
Amesbury High School is very accommodating to their students. Most of the teachers are truly dedicated to helping their students learn.
The only reason I gave admin three whole stars was because of Ms. McAndrews. She has improved the school physically and spiritually with her positive attitude and her hands on approach to life.
Amesbury High School excels in getting students ready for college. I feel extremely prepared as I continue the college application process, and I can say the same on behalf of many of my peers. If I could change one thing, it would be how administration deals with certain situations. Instead of having regulations and procedures, issues are dealt with on a case by case basis. I think most students find this unfair and I hope this will be changed in the near future.
Attending Amesbury High School for the past four years has been a blessing. I have gotten an education that is equal to that of a private school and real word experience that is better than that of a private school. The unique sense of community that a small high school provides is gratifying and allows students to grow in their environment. The teachers at Amesbury are truly dedicated to implementing an education that goes beyond the classroom and allows students to make real word connections. Outside of the classroom, sports and clubs offer students a second home in sense, and nurture further learning in areas beside the fundamental studies. The only critical aspect of the school is the need for greater diversity. This, however, is not the school's fault, but a reflection of town demographics. The mascot as an "Indian" has raised recent student and faculty attention, reflecting the social and political understanding the students share.
I always feel challenged by the curriculum at this school, but never too much. I always feel like I am learning something new, and I always feel motivated to work hard and study to the best of my abilities.
Overall, the school is not cliquey, as everyone converses with one another. We may all have different backgrounds, but we all have things in common that bring us together. Our differences, such as race, sexual orientation, etc. do not divide us in the least.
There is an abundance of opportunities at our school. It's incredible! You can join clubs from video productions to Model UN. And at this school, everyone is welcoming and kind. You will easily fit in at this school.
Start Your Review of Amesbury High School
School isn't a chore because when I'm there, I'm home!
The teachers teach with passion and with pride
The school nurse is wonderfully kind and very good at what she does. She is a real professional and takes care of each student very well. Regardless of a migraine or something much more serious, she ensures the health of everyone. I always feel safe at Amesbury High because we are well protected. We have a great security system and armed police officers on call whenever a threat is rarely posed. In my years, I've never seen or heard of any safety or health related incidents.