Amesbury High School is a highly rated, public school located in Amesbury, MA. It has 615 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Amesbury High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A63 Students
- B+46 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+41 Students
- A-31 Students
- A+25 Students
- C+25 Students
- A-18 Students
- A-16 Students
- C+15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Amesbury High School
- A-Ipswich High School
- Ipswich Public Schools, MA
- 47 reviews
- A-North Andover High School
- North Andover Public Schools, MA
- 137 reviews
- B+Pentucket Regional Senior High School
- Pentucket Public Schools, MA
- 128 reviews
- BTriton Regional High School
- Triton Public Schools, MA
- 114 reviews
Amesbury High School Reviews
Amesbury High School, although may lack in some things due to budgeting. There is a sense of pride, no matter the sports team, the game, or the opponent, there is a sense of student involvement, and pride. No matter the event, there is always a group of kids who are willing to participate and make new friends within their class. The teachers are very good at their jobs, they ensure that students reach their full potential and always give good ideas and inspiration on the passions that each student holds.
Attending Amesbury High School for the past four years has been a blessing. I have gotten an education that is equal to that of a private school and real word experience that is better than that of a private school. The unique sense of community that a small high school provides is gratifying and allows students to grow in their environment. The teachers at Amesbury are truly dedicated to implementing an education that goes beyond the classroom and allows students to make real word connections. Outside of the classroom, sports and clubs offer students a second home in sense, and nurture further learning in areas beside the fundamental studies. The only critical aspect of the school is the need for greater diversity. This, however, is not the school's fault, but a reflection of town demographics. The mascot as an "Indian" has raised recent student and faculty attention, reflecting the social and political understanding the students share.
I just graduated from Amesbury High with the Class of 2018. I was 3rd generation in my family to go to this school & I really wouldn't have changed a thing about my experience. The teachers, the clubs, the lasting friendships were all amazing & the memories I made there will stay with me. Amesbury really is an amazing community.