Ames High School Reviews

Beautiful School! Ames High has such a wonderful culture and encourages students to get involved and try new things. It is super easy for somebody to find things they like to participate in and many classes are super well taught. I would say that Ames High has prepared me well for college and there are multiple things I will miss when I leave for college.
An awesome school. Great teachers make all the difference in the world. So many options in classes to take. They offer more than just Spanish! I especially enjoyed German class and host an exchange student each year. The school also allows as many clubs as the students want. I enjoy Board Game Club, Chess Club, and Young Americans for Freedom Club. It's not all about sports, but with awesome coaches we're great in that too.
Ames High School provides a welcoming atmosphere for any new students looking for a better education.
Start Your Review of Ames High School
Very diverse group of students and teachers which makes every day learning very interesting. Teachers are a hit or miss; some are good and some are bad. Overcrowding is a problem and the school building is old.
Loved it! Teachers are great, with many opportunities for students. From clubs to sports to music, students are allowed to explore many different avenues.
Academics are some of the best in the state if you take advantage of them, most sport teams can be harder to get on but lots are non-cut, The band is one of the biggest in the state of Iowa, and most else is average.
Ames High School is full of supportive teachers that will help you, support, you and challenge you in everything that you do. They all try to make sure that everyone is included, that is probably why we have so many different clubs and organizations because we have a diverse student section and this way everyone can be involved. I don't think I would change anything about Ames High School. I am so grateful to have been apart of Ames School District because they have prepared me and given me many different opportunities.
The school spirit is a high energy you can't hate. The teachers are helpful emotionally, and educationally. They offer great academics and there is something for everyone. The many clubs at Ames
All of the teachers are great! The band program is amazing. The amount of opportunities that you have, with AP classes, ISU classes, etc., is really helpful. The business program here is incredible. Taking Accounting and Personal Finance helped to guide my college and career path. Also, there are a lot of clubs here, from conservative clubs, to liberal clubs, Key Club, FCA, and the list goes on.
I liked that they are very focused on academia. I also like that the teachers actually cared about their students, and that the teachers knew what they were doing. I wish the food could be improved.
I had a very cool school year at Ames high. There was a very supportive staff, which helped me get my grades up and bring me to my best.
Ames high school is a great high school to attend if you plan on going to college. The teachers and faculty care for their students and prepare the students for college. The teachers always put student success first and give all students the opportunity to be successful. At Ames high school, all the students are also very close. There is also a lot of diversity. The teachers teach in a way that all students can learn. If a student does not understand something, Ames high school provides an after school tutoring for extra help. Overall, Ames high school has a great learning environment and is a great school.
What is great about Ames High is that it's very different from other schools. Everyone fits in and has a place. The teachers are amazing, they want all student to succeed, and I know there is always a teacher for me to talk to if I'm having problems.
Ames High school is one of the great school. Being a Muslim and immigrant, I was scared to go to school at the time when Donald Trump became president; but Ames High School posted a post on Ames Community School that, "It doesn't matter what your religion, race or nationality is. We are glad that you are here at Ames High school. They also post the same thing all over the Ames High halls; which encourage me not to be scared. I am an ESL student and sometimes it's hard for me to catch the work that we do in our class like my other class mates. Whenever I ask help from my teacher, they always help me. If I still didn't get any problem they find an easy way to help me. Ames High School is not a good school, it's an excellent school.
Ames High has a tremendous amount of clubs and activities anyone can do. The education level is very high, and the technology is second to none. What I would like to see changed is equal value to mens and womens' sports. I as a woman would like to see student body and supporters give us the same treatment they do the mens sports. I would also like to see no favortism to people with money. Everyone should be treated the same.
Lots of opportunities with AP classes. I think ISU and DMACC classes should be advertised more and students should be encouraged to take these more.
Athletics are a good way to get involved and meet new people.
Start Your Review of Ames High School
The parents are very involved activities.
Great school, great students and, great teachers
The school is always upgrading things and keeping up with the times. We are pretty secure from when I started high school. My school takes pride in making sure we are safe