Americus Sumter County High School - South is a public school located in Americus, GA. It has 1,001 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 20% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+151 Students
- A+144 Students
- B+135 Students
- C+133 Students
- B-129 Students
- B-120 Students
- C+107 Students
- A-76 Students
- C75 Students
- B-66 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Americus Sumter County High School - South Reviews
My experience at Americus Sumter High School is excellent. The teachers at the school make sure that their students are college ready and they make sure that we past all of our tests. The clubs and activities at the school are very fun and also, plenty of students participate in the many of events that are planned for the school year. For example, at the homecoming pep rally's, students will participate in the fun games that are hosted by the best Spanish teacher at THE Americus sumter high school !!! Overall, my experience was well enjoyed and I will miss all the memories when I graduate in May 2018!
Teachers at Americus Sumter High County South are most definitely adaptable and great. The reason I say adaptable is because coming from middle school to a high school setting can be hard however, teachers here act as facilitators and educators. By facilitating our teachers prepare students for post secondary schooling where in most cases professors facilitate and students learn theirselves. Teachers here use a variety of learning methods and curriculums which are given to them to help each student learn the same standards however in different learning styles. Everyday teachers tells their students to ask questions and participate in class learning yogurt her help students get a better understanding of what's being taught . Not only that, but, at Americus High teachers began to use google classroom. From posting every class room assignments to learning videos, teachers here use google classroom as an online class as well. Students can easily email teachers and post anything on the website to share and educate other students as well. In all, most teachers here grade the students work usually at the end of the week and gives students an update every Wednesday. This is definitely helpful because students receive multiple notices and updates on their grades therefore there shouldn't be any excuses to why they're not able to advance their scores.
There are many extracurricular opportunities at Americus High. From our outstanding sports program to our high achieving Beta Club program we have them all. Every activity requires a study hall therefore students can't fall behind in class. We also have a Pass program that allows students to stay after school and get the help they need which includes transportation. Also we have a variety of orginizations for example: D.E.C.A , Beta Club, FCCLA, FBLA and many more. Our sports programs are progressing at a high speed. Finominal athletes are participating now with acceptable grades which is our top priority, which is education.