Americus Sumter County High School - South is a public school located in Americus, GA. It has 1,001 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 20% in reading.
Americus Sumter County High School - South Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+170 Students
- A+166 Students
- B+152 Students
- B-147 Students
- B-140 Students
- C+139 Students
- C+118 Students
- A-93 Students
- C+82 Students
- C+75 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Americus Sumter County High School - South Reviews
As I have spent my highschool years at Americud Sumter High School, I have endured a lot of things. The school staff is very friendly, well at least some of them. I have had a wonderful learning experience while at the school. Teachers are very helpful when it comes down to the work, and helping you to understand things more better. Throughout the years, I learned that things aren’t going to be handed to you, but you have to earn it. I’ve studied countless hours or spent plentiful hours on doing homework, preparing myself for the next school day. The school has a move on when ready program which is basically like a program that helps you get ready for college. You take college based classes, and get college credit for the classes you take. The school I know and love will have the class of 2019 having the most college scholarships, the most honor graduates including myself. That’s the experience I’ve had at Americus Sumter County High School South.
Americus Sumter County High School - South is almost just like any other public school. We have SOME nice teachers whom would do everything in their power to make sure that their students are getting the material. Counselors try to make sure that students are on the right track to graduate along with preparing them for college. The students who attend here are nice also, everyone has a specific group of friends but they are somewhat welcoming. Something I think should change is the way that some administrators and teachers worry more about what students are wearing than the students (they claim that some of the clothes we wear distract other students) and security.
My experience at THE Americus Sumter High School was some what great. Through the three years I was there I have to say I came out strong and I fought to walk across that stage and I did my best and it was teachers that I didn’t even take that still helped me get to where I need to be and I’m so grateful for that. Now on some things they lack but one thing they don’t lack is Education! They want their graduation rate as high as possible and they are not going to stop until it’s where it need to be. This school was an experience that I actullay liked. I will truly miss it but it’s on to the next only because they did push me to where I need to be.