Americus Sumter County High School - South is a public school located in Americus, GA. It has 1,001 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 20% in reading.
Americus Sumter County High School - South Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+162 Students
- A+158 Students
- B+143 Students
- B-137 Students
- C+132 Students
- B-128 Students
- C+111 Students
- A-85 Students
- C+79 Students
- C+70 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Americus Sumter County High School - South Reviews
My experience at THE Americus Sumter High School was some what great. Through the three years I was there I have to say I came out strong and I fought to walk across that stage and I did my best and it was teachers that I didn’t even take that still helped me get to where I need to be and I’m so grateful for that. Now on some things they lack but one thing they don’t lack is Education! They want their graduation rate as high as possible and they are not going to stop until it’s where it need to be. This school was an experience that I actullay liked. I will truly miss it but it’s on to the next only because they did push me to where I need to be.
My experience at Americus Sumter High School is excellent. The teachers at the school make sure that their students are college ready and they make sure that we past all of our tests. The clubs and activities at the school are very fun and also, plenty of students participate in the many of events that are planned for the school year. For example, at the homecoming pep rally's, students will participate in the fun games that are hosted by the best Spanish teacher at THE Americus sumter high school !!! Overall, my experience was well enjoyed and I will miss all the memories when I graduate in May 2018!
Teachers at Americus Sumter High County South are most definitely adaptable and great. The reason I say adaptable is because coming from middle school to a high school setting can be hard however, teachers here act as facilitators and educators. By facilitating our teachers prepare students for post secondary schooling where in most cases professors facilitate and students learn theirselves. Teachers here use a variety of learning methods and curriculums which are given to them to help each student learn the same standards however in different learning styles. Everyday teachers tells their students to ask questions and participate in class learning yogurt her help students get a better understanding of what's being taught . Not only that, but, at Americus High teachers began to use google classroom. From posting every class room assignments to learning videos, teachers here use google classroom as an online class as well. Students can easily email teachers and post anything on the website to share and educate other students as well. In all, most teachers here grade the students work usually at the end of the week and gives students an update every Wednesday. This is definitely helpful because students receive multiple notices and updates on their grades therefore there shouldn't be any excuses to why they're not able to advance their scores.