Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesC
American Preparatory Academy West Valley Campus II is an above average, public, charter school located in West Valley City, UT. It has 1,457 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
American Preparatory Academy West Valley Campus II Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A177 Students
- B-130 Students
- B-125 Students
- B+114 Students
- B71 Students
- B+71 Students
- C+66 Students
- C+49 Students
- B-43 Students
- A+28 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like American Preparatory Academy West Valley Campus II
- BCity Academy
- Public School
- Salt Lake City, UT
- 35 reviews
- CUtah Connections Academy
- Online School
- Woods Cross, UT
- 28 reviews
- C-Utah Virtual Academy
- Online School
- Murray, UT
- 72 reviews
- B-Paradigm Schools
- Public School
- South Jordan, UT
- 64 reviews
American Preparatory Academy West Valley Campus II Reviews
By far the teachers were the best part of this school. I've been here since 7th grade to senior year and I love how the teachers are so understanding and nice to you in every class. APA really prepares you for college in your senior year as well, with a class dedicated to preparing you for college and real life. Their rigorous coursework also prepared me to be prepared in college. Right now I am in college and the coursework so far is equal or even less than APA's work. I feel like I've been taught social manners, academics, and how to put myself out there to learn and better myself. You may not get as much as freedom as other public schools, like Granger, but it is worth it being here with its strict work. I have lifetime friends from here, the diversity was mostly hispanics/latinxs and I felt welcomed and never ever bullied here. I would bring my kids here if I could!
I seriously cannot hands down recommend APA WVC 2 enough! This school is exceptional in more ways that could be put into words but I will attempt! All ages of students have built in programs & the support they need to succeed. Love & logic & genuine motivation is seen & addressed moment by moment! I substitute taught from September-May with some brief breaks with family emergencies. I taught every age group. I also subbed as an instructor. I experienced first hand what this school exemplifies. I have assisted at many schools; private, public, home school programs etc. This curriculum & type of teaching & support seriously incorporates the very best of all of those different types of schools combined into one setting & atmosphere!
Great School! Everyone at APA is kind and the teachers are all amazing. There are many clubs and activities. There is also dance and cheer which is very fun and enjoyable. Also they have lots of sports like basketball, soccer, baseball, volleyball,etc. Overall I think APA is a good school.