American Leadership Academy Reviews

It’s a great school with an amazingly fine arts program! From kindergarten till a senior in high school, it teaches principles to respect and integrate friends to each other. I am so happy that I’ve there for the past years of high school , teachers will work with your schedule and will help us out if you have any questions.
I attended American Leadership Academy for seven years. Because it is a k-12 school, I started in the sixth grade and just graduated in May. ALA had a very strong fine arts program while I was a student there. I was able to get very heavily involved in the program by being a member of the jr. high and high school show choirs and dance on the dance company my senior year. I was also able to play on the softball team and participate on the speech and debate team during my high school years. Academically, the school had highs and lows. There were some excellent teachers and some that were not as great. However, the majority of my academic experience was positive. There were times when I was frustrated with the organization of the school. For example, they would often lose the record of fee payment and then request that we pay even more money to the school even though we'd already paid months before. Overall, my experience at ALA was a good one and I was pleased with my time there.
I have been at ALA for 5 years and I really enjoy the atmosphere that the school has been able to provide me in my academic career, by offering a variety of classes, I love the dress code, because now I am able to focus on my studies instead of waking up everything morning and decided what to wear, I also have noticed that I am not insecure about what I am wearing, because everyone else is wearing the same thing. Overall ALA has been able to set me on the right path of be able to graduate High School and attend college.
Start Your Review of American Leadership Academy
The administration is always changing, which results in rules that nobody follows, and stupid rules that nobody wants to follow. The counselors also have really no idea what they're doing, and they keep trying to let more kids in then they can fit . The teachers are all very friendly, however.
American Leadership Academy is a unique school with several classes. Our speech and debate team is incredible and our fine arts programs are well developed. There is a sense of perfectionism that can be discouraging, but overall the environment is very kind and forgiving.
We are a charter school so we have a dress code. It's a nice school with Sports, Music, Theatre, and Dance. It can be a little cliquey, but not too much. And this next year, we are having a 4 day school week. No school on Fridays.
American Leadership Academy is a great school to attend! The school works very well with Concurrent Enrollment courses, and gears everything towards college classes. The school is small but close knit, allowing for many opportunities to participate and succeed in a variety of classes, clubs, or activities. Each class is small, and centered on the individual students. Teachers are amazing, and helpful!
American Leadership Academy has a been a good school for me. I have been able to be a part of many of different performing groups, as well as service groups and have leadership opportunities. The school and its teachers work pretty well together, trying to figure out what is best for each student and how to make them succeed. I have also been able to not be bullied at this school because of the dress code (uniform), but also because I found people who were interested in the same things I was/am. One down side to this school is that since it is not very large, there are not many AP or Honors classes offered. The staff is limited and certain classes are only offered certain periods, or even certain years. Overall, however, this school has pretty good academics, a great fine arts program, and an overall atmosphere that makes it easy to learn and be yourself.
I love my school! I have had so many wonderful opportunities that I didn't have before. I got the opportunity to learn the language that I have always wanted to learn. I am also getting my associates before I graduate also. It's a great environment!!!
It's a really good school for the arts. The directors of the different programs offered are all amazing. The hip hop company is amazing, the choirs, led by Mr. Rick Lunt, are amazing in every way. The show choir has definitely changed my life for the better, and so has Mr. Lunt.
I love American Leadership Academy because of the many things you can be involved in. All four years of high school, I was able to be involved in a competitive show choir, dance company, student government, national honors society, key club, college course classes and much more. In another school, you wouldn't get that opportunity because of the size of the school.
The choir program at ALA has helped me learn so much and has given me many opportunities to develop my talents. In the competitive show choir, we travel across the United States to compete and it is very educational and a fun aspect to my high school career.
ALA has a concurrent enrollment program through Utah Valley University. This allows students to get college credit while in high school which saves a lot of money. You can even graduate high school with your associate's degree done! This has pushed me to be responsible and to learn about what I want to study more in college. I love ALA.
Since the American Leadership Academy is classified as a charter school, they are able to provide many different classes other schools can't. I have personally enjoyed ceramics, forensics, and hip hop. I believe the average diversity score of most Utah public schools is 0.28, though our school stats boasts of a diversity score of 0.40. They also offer a dual immersion program, allowing young students to be taught in 2 languages. They are taught English, as well as their choice of Chinese, French, German Portuguese, or Spanish. One downside is that it's primarily an Arts and Academics school, so our participation in girls and boys athletics is altogether poor. Though this might also be due to cost; the average expence per student involved in any extracurriculars is around 2,400. Though, even with its many faults, ALA's potential benefits are just too vast and way too great to pass up.
I really like ALA. ALA teaches you a lot of things and one of the main subjects is leadership. At ALA they want you to succeed. And ALA is a pretty small school, so if your looking for something a little bit more comfortable, go to ALA. Everyone knows everyone at ALA.
I haven't heard or seen many safety measures other than the normal earthquake, fire practices.
The afterschool activites normally don't have very many people attending them.
There are a couple of things that I would like to change. Including the participation with after school events. Its sad when youre working your hardest and no one is there to support you.
Most teachers try their best to put in as much work for the students but with some its all about paying attention and taking the test and getting the grade. They don't do much to help unless you know them personally.
Start Your Review of American Leadership Academy
The security is awesome and I feel really safe at school.
Awesome, people have lots of choices and the fine arts and sports are both great.
People are so friendly and I am so happy to study in this school.