American Indian Public High School Reviews

American Indian Public High School is a very academic focused school. The school offers many advanced placement courses and every student has the opportunity to take them. All testing fees including AP, SAT, ACT, etc. are covered by the school.
American Indian is a school that promotes a very friendly environment, whether it be among students or the staff, so making friends is absolutely no problems. Students experience rigorous academics with much interaction with the instructor. Unfortunately, the uncertainty of a permanent campus also prevents full access to campus resources, such as functional lab tables or most of the first floor.
Throughout the years I have been at American Indian, I have had countless teachers and admins coming and going. There were barely any clubs and no sports until recently.
Start Your Review of American Indian Public High School
It is a pleasure to go to school in American Indian Public High School. I was able to learn more in this school because they provided the best academics and willing to tutor the students need help. Everyone in the school is trying their best and work hard to achieve their goals.
American Indian is lacking in clubs, supplies, and structure. The school doesn't function like normal schools and is just this year becoming like a normal school. The school now has clubs, but they are very limited. The school has many issues such as schedule mix-ups and constant changing of teachers and principals. They have also recently cut the college planning class, which is needed to fulfill the a-g requirements. The school often is missing so many things and brags about the very little things they actually do correctly.
I really like the teachers in my school. They really cared for my educations. The only problem with our school is the school board. They make bad decisions.
The school was amazing before it dropped in performance. We had excellent stats before, but could not live up to our old scores due to poor performing teachers and students who would get out of hand. This is a charter school, so the format of high school is definitely different from public schools. Aside from that, the school pays for all tests students want to take, such as the SAT, ACT, SAT Subjects, and a few college registration fees.
The academics are amazing, and the majority of teachers care about the students and their well-being. The school pays for your AP tests, and most of the teachers are great teachers if you're willing to learn. However, the school is lacking in clubs and activities. There is Key Club and ARK, but no Interact or any other clubs that do community service. The school is very small, and the teachers move around instead of the students. It's a very closely knitted community, and students are like family at AIPHS. Lunch is not provided, and students must bring their own lunches. In addition, uniform is required on most days. Very rarely are students allowed not to wear uniform.
I attended AIPHS to challenge my academic studies. I've learned a lot from passionate teachers, however there aren't any extra curricular activities so I took the initiative in starting a dance club myself.
American Indian is not only a high school but it's a middle school as well. And I was in American Indian since sixth grade. It's a very strict school and the experience there was something I won't ever forget. This school’s main focus was mostly their academics. The staff and faculty pushed their students to receive the grades that were expected from them. This made the students work harder and it’s what helps me today. I try to push myself to the point where I know i tried my best.
I've been here for almost 3 years, ever since I came to America. I think that this is a great school for me because in AIMS, they focus more on education, also community service hours. Before coming here, I didn't know anything about volunteering, nor did internship. However, with the help of school's staff, I can be able to learn more about not just hour of services, but also learn to understand and adapt the culture.
The administrative support is great because the staff actually care for our well-being. They know out strength and weaknesses which is good when the students go through the problems because they know what to say.
The workload is somewhat manageable. Every teacher tries to leave some type of homework. On top of homework, we also have tests to study for that require most of our attention. The curriculum is average but it's understandable.
My school is some what diverse. But everyone is extremely accepting of each other. We all respect everyone and their culture. We try to make everyone feel comfortable in the space they are in.
My school is extremely strict with academics. It makes sure every student passes to the next level of their education. The teachers and the other staff have high expectations for the students. Because it was strict, I was able to know what my priorities were and it made me concentrate and study more to be able to pass all my classes.
Most teachers in my school make the classrooms more interesting by making the students do some type of collaborative work. For example, my English teacher made the class do board games about "Treasure Island" and this brought a cheerful vibe and it engaged our attention. And the same teacher is planning a sailing trip for the class to fully experience boats and the sea.
My overall experience in high school was good.
Start Your Review of American Indian Public High School
The knowledge that my teacher teaches helps me.
There are occasional programs and meetings about public health and bullying. The school is a relatively safe space.
There are a mixed variety of clubs at the schools. Most of the clubs are volunteer based, and the rest are yearbook and student council.