American High School Reviews

At american high school i’ve met some amazing people who I have gotten to know the past three years here. I feel that american high school has been supportive of their students and are constantly finding ways to improve the learn environment.
I would say one of the greatest things about American High School is the diversity and the student body. There is a great mix of cultures, economic backgrounds, ethnicities, and perspectives. This makes for lots of great learning experiences and valuable relationships in school-associated extracurricular activities. The downsides are definitely the teachers, they're very hit or miss and often they can be very bad. Additionally, the counselors do little to help you and your mental well-being. At the same time, there are some amazing teachers who can really bring clarity to your dreams and passions in life. In the end, AHS is really about how you as the student engages, because things won't come to you. You have to really seek it, which is a good and bad thing, but mostly good.
I like how everybody at American High School is very spirited and there are some very nice and encouraging teachers on campus ready to help.
Start Your Review of American High School
I like everything about my school from the wonderful teachers to the caring students. I feel as if many times I comment negatively about my school yet when I had to actually analyze my school for this survey, I realized how great my school really is.
The teachers and other faculty staff members are all very welcoming and nice. There does not seem to have any fights. American High School is a safe place for students to be educated. Preferably, the food can become healthier.
I enjoyed the strong academics in AP and Honors classes, but I feel that the language departments, especially Spanish and Chinese, could be more rigorous. The culture was academically strong but also supportive.
This school is very Diverse, and not too competitive. There are a lot of Fire Alarms though. The new buildings are nice, but it can make the walk between classes across the school even longer. Late start Mondays at this school are a blessing, and so are the flex periods they offer.
American High School is a diverse school where the staff and students are friendly and reach out to individuals to insure the best learning possible.
The diversity and accepting atmosphere at American is amazing. The teachers really help you achieve your potential. One thing that could be improved is the food that is served for lunch.
My experience at American was generally positive. Though I had heard about bad teachers from friends, I was lucky to have had multiple teachers who were passionate about the subjects they taught and cared about me as a person. The student body was spirited, supportive, and I personally never witnessed bullying. American does have a problem with overcrowding, though, and it will only get worse in the coming years.
I like the school environment, the diversity and the various active clubs available. The admisitration could be more interactive and focused on student life.
American High School has a generally positive environment. I have not encountered any bullying so far and the education here is challenging. Additionally, the students here are generally friendly and the school is pretty clean. However, we have had numerous incidents with fire alarm pranks that has negatively impacted my learning experience.
most teachers are very responsible and nice but some teachers are too strict.They should stop giving students detentions just because they are late for few seconds
It is a pretty good school, and nad andnadnfandf i fkahtntiadkfjaldksjf a;dlkfj adif jalksdjf;adlkfj ;adklsfj;adklsfj a;skldfja ;dskfj a;dkfja;dklfj a;dklfj a;dklfja ;dkljf;a kdljf; akdjf;akldfj;adkjf ;adkjf; akldjf a; df
There are a lot of asians at this school. The school is divided into two classes. The majority (mostly asian students) taking at least 8-10 AP classes in their high school career and the rest (mostly white and black students) who take 0 AP classes. The asians here are very smart, very good at math. For example, in our class of 2021 with 500 students, there are 6 classes of AP Physics, 5 classes of AP biology, 4 classes of AP chemistry, and so forth.
There are lots of ways to get involved in the school and the community through different clubs and programs. Teachers are for the most part qualified and capable.
American high school is a interesting school. It has some policies unlike other schools such as closed campus lunch where students cannot leave campus grounds for lunch due to an incident in the past.
Start Your Review of American High School
The teachers for the most part are good. But I wish they would make the campus bigger. Also the sports teams were really competitive when I went there! Keep it up!
Community was pretty friendly and teachers were also willing to help me with academics. Counselors were also very encouraging and made sure that we were on track with our classes so that we can go to college. College tours also helped in deciding which college would be best for me and were great for asking questions and getting resources.
I like how friendly everyone is at American High School. I wish we had later start times throughout the year. Also, some of the teachers weren't as understanding as they could have been. Overall, it was a very good experience though.