American Fork High School is a highly rated, public school located in American Fork, UT. It has 2,320 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 48% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-697 Students
- A+648 Students
- B+591 Students
- A531 Students
- B315 Students
- C+208 Students
- B194 Students
- B-192 Students
- B-116 Students
- B89 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.61 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.61 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 237 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.96 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.96 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.96 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.105 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.105 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.105 responses
American Fork High School Reviews
Overall a great school. I was a student throughout high school years (10-12) and don't have any experience with other high schools, but these ratings represent my feelings on needs for improvement. I definitely think the culture of the student body is lacking and could use some diversity of thought. Utah is very full of cliques because too many people are exactly the same. We need some different people with some willingness to bring new ideas to the table. Also, this is not a school where the student council or body rules everything, they just set up a few events and dances and that's all. I definitely think the school and the Alpine School District could change some policies to allow students more governance in school life, within reason. The faculty are fantastic overall, respectful, great to work with, and there are new facilities as well as renovations being made to older parts of the school. Not a bad place to spend the high school years!
In my freshman, sophomore, and junior year I was a part of the the American Fork High-School Marching Band. The band has been a part of a great legacy of excellence for over 25 years. While I was apart of the Marching band I had the amazing opportunities to travel great places and succeed high quality achievements. Those achievements include: Traveling to Grand- Nationals where we performed in semi-finals, taking around 17th place in the nation. Performed in the 2014 Thanksgiving Macy’s Day Parade. And Thanksgiving Point Dome performance. This does not including 100’s of hours of practicing and the preparation required for the 11-15 performances each year. In the year 2015 I had a job on top of band and school which helped me realize the importance of being organized. This school has created a great environment to learn and be happy!
I LOVE American Fork High School so much! I have learned and grown immensely as I have been a student there. I have loved the many student activities and clubs offered there. I love the feeling I get when I enter my high school's doors. Many of American Fork's teachers genuinely love their jobs and deeply care about the students; I have found the classroom to be a safe haven because of the culture that is created by students and teachers. I am grateful for the dedication of the sports teams, competitive clubs, and performing and visual arts organizations at the high school. And I love the fact that the students there invite and include their peers, whether they be shy, new to the school, lonely, or merely in search of a better friend group. We are a family.