American Fork High School is an above average, public school located in American Fork, UT. It has 2,181 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
American Fork High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-631 Students
- A+600 Students
- B+532 Students
- A475 Students
- B271 Students
- C+179 Students
- B173 Students
- B-172 Students
- B-105 Students
- B82 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.57 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.57 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 214 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.72 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.92 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.101 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.101 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.101 responses
American Fork High School Reviews
In my freshman, sophomore, and junior year I was a part of the the American Fork High-School Marching Band. The band has been a part of a great legacy of excellence for over 25 years. While I was apart of the Marching band I had the amazing opportunities to travel great places and succeed high quality achievements. Those achievements include: Traveling to Grand- Nationals where we performed in semi-finals, taking around 17th place in the nation. Performed in the 2014 Thanksgiving Macy’s Day Parade. And Thanksgiving Point Dome performance. This does not including 100’s of hours of practicing and the preparation required for the 11-15 performances each year. In the year 2015 I had a job on top of band and school which helped me realize the importance of being organized. This school has created a great environment to learn and be happy!
I loved being able to attend school at American Fork High! The faculty are wonderful people who are interested in helping their students achieve success. The student body as a whole is unified and desires to make their high school experience enjoyable for all. Not only did I learn the necessary school materials during my high school years, I also learned how to be a great member of my school and community. This high school provided many opportunities to be involved in different clubs, classes, social events, and sports teams.
American Fork High School is totally awesome! There is a kind atmosphere, everyone cares, and school spirit is high! We have excellent staff and teachers that genuinely care, plenty of extra-circular activities for everyone, and plenty of school-wide events that require a lot of student help. AFHS has a wonderful marching band, football team, girls soccer team, and more! We're all for the sports while equally being awesome in academics and manners!