American Canyon High School Reviews

This is a new school so there are facilities with up to date technology such as our biotechnology class. Some teachers have no passion for what they teach and students aren't often challenged in class, but there are lots of resouces for taking classes at our local community college, Napa Valley Colleg for students who want to get ahead, or just simply learn.
My experience attending American Canyon High School has been a journey. In my four years being a student here has taught me valuable lessons.
This is a relatively new school (opened less than 10 years ago) that is very modern and has a lot of potential. It is perfect other than the fact that there are some extra classes missing that I think would really benefit the school.
Start Your Review of American Canyon High School
A good school with good resources. I don’t feel incredibly prepared for college, but I have a skillset that makes me unique to my new peers.
American Canyon High School is an amazing school. It is the only high school in American Canyon and it provides an amazing atmosphere for students to grow closer together as a community and to form bonds that will last a lifetime. Situated on a hillside, the view of the rolling hills as the sun rises above the horizon makes this campus amazing beautiful in the early morning. Academically, this school is average. Its students are actively engaged in honor societies, clubs, and sports while simultaneously balancing the course load of a schedule of college prep, honors, and AP classes. For those who wish to pursue a technical or a vocational education, it offers many CTE options that prepare students for their desired certificate program.
American Canyon has a friendly environment where everyone is free to express themselves. Students are provided with after-school tutors, a wellness center, and staff help students achieve their goals within the high school. The most well known and most popular program is the ACHS choir directed by Jamie Butler. The choir is program is known as one of the best choirs in the district, along with that, the ACHS choir has the most men than any other place in California. American Canyon High School also provides students with AP classes such as AP chemistry, Spanish, and even honors anatomy and physiology.
American Canyon High School is a beautiful campus! The vibrant school culture really embraces every single student making them feel more welcome and involved. ACHS is a New Tech School which means we are a strict technology school. The school does a great job of incorporating PBL and technology. Through projects, students learn valuable tech-savvy skills. Powerpoints/slideshows, videos, websites, and even playlists are all examples of outlets used to present information to the class. Although students do not get a lot of lessons, they learn the importance of research and executing the perfect project. #GoWolves!
This school is still very new. It has a lot of great traditions and a great environment. They help with college and career readiness as it is their focus. Students that want to take advantage of the amazing resources offered should attend here. Many students wish to attend here, but space is always limited.
American Canyon High School is a profoundly diverse school. The culture we celebrate in the school brings a live spirit that is not found in any other school. American Canyon High School's academic program disciplines students for the realities of the future. Multiple opportunities are provided at American Canyon High School such as numerous clubs that may fit your interest, and sports that you may take part in. The students, the teachers, and the community of American Canyon High School represent the overall great school that the school portrays. Although there are minor fixes that need to be done at the school such as, food and resources, American Canyon High School brings a welcoming spirit to the community of American Canyon.
What I loved about American Canyon High School was what am emphasis they put on preparing the students for getting a job! I am an alumna and they made the students do unending amounts of projects but it allowed for me to be a more confident individual. It helped me with public speaking and knowing how to present myself upon meeting my employer. It gave me the experience of editing videos, conducting interviews, and intensive research which prepared me for college. I wish they would have focused more on getting the students ready for college applications. They could have let students how important extracurriculars and test scores were to colleges.
American Canyon High School offers a lot on the academic and extracurricular side including sports and clubs. However, academic options such as AP classes in earlier grades before junior year are at a bare minimum. The campus is often highly praised as one of the most beautiful campuses in America and is a very pleasant place to attend.
American Canyon High School offers a variety of different clubs, classes, and activities. It is a really accommodating school. Because the school is very large, the school's culture is not very unified and cannot fit everyone's taste as everyone is different.
First graduating class of the school.
Great, clean, OUTSTANDING supporting teachers and staff. A parent and students dream school.
Has really good teachers, but the admins keep changing and there have been many different changes with schedules and times and all kinds of stuff that has been confusing.
American Canyon High School is probably one of the most diverse schools in the Napa County. From a verity of cultures and heritages, to personalities, ACHS never fails to amaze me. Many students may complain that it's boring here, but no where else is like here. The relationship that the students build among each other or the connection with their teachers is phenomenal. Since American Canyon is such a small city where everyone essentially knows everyone, we all care for one another. The mascot of the school may be a wolf, but we truly show how we are a pack while demonstrating that we feed only good wolves.
American Canyon High School is a great school. It's one of the best schools to attend. Going to ACHS will truly change your learning and social experiences.
The teachers here are amazing and cool. It is project-based learning, so students have to always be in groups and learn how to work in a team and strive for a common goal. PBL learning doesn't cater to all types of students. The goal is to help students get ready for the real world, but some students don't thrive on group learning. You have to have a laptop to bring with you, otherwise, you will probably fail classes if you don't invest in one. The school does lend out laptops to kids in need. All the students are very involved in clubs or sports. The activities are fun and interactive. There isn't a lot of diversity at the school when I went there. That could be changing now. The school is very safe. There's always campus security driving around in golf carts.
Start Your Review of American Canyon High School
The PBL style of teaching does not prepare the students for success at universities. They rely too heavily on presentations as a way to assess students but this is rarely found elsewhere & when it is, it does not go to the same amount of depth. This school needs to focus on the needs of its students rather than heavily relying on group projects.
A tidy and beautiful school with many academics, help, and opportunities for the students. There are fewer bullying situations in American Canyon High School than that of the other schools nearby. Most of the teachers actually care about their job and their students and understand the greatness in teaching students.
Coming to high school I was very scared that I wouldn't find a place to fit in, but ACHS welcomed me with open arms. Everyone has a place they belong and everyone is very accepting. My experience at ACHS has been amazing. I love my school and the spirit of the Wolfpack. The administration has changed recently and I'm still trying to figure out if I like it. But overall this is a great school, with a beautiful campus and great school culture!